Re: Solarforce Flashlights

EVERY maker?

Because that sounds like a challenge. :wink:

The only part I have never seen available would be the A001 head:

Would anybody have a source for this?

I bought one host from their website and quality is not good. Mine is with a hole in the tail. They offered $3 refund. I’ve opened paypal claim.

I also have 5-6 SF lights. Maybe even more, as I gave some to my security. Okay, definitely more.

They’re my “no-brain” flashlights, I buy exclusively 1-mode drop-ins for them from various locations - including SF themselves, intl-outdoor and kaidomain.

Two of them fell from about 2m height during an earthquake - working like a charm with very minimal, almost invisible damage on the bodies. Even the anodizing didn’t come off.

Sorry those dried up years ago. I’ve got a couple without the bezel and they are nice. The closest I could find Solarforce A001Tactical Flashlight Head Assembly For L2 Series Flashlights

Solarforce makes the best pocket clip, alas only in their one diameter:
https://www.solarforceflashlight-sales.com/products/575af39e6170690b5efc4b00
Full circle around the tube, so it won’t pop off the tube, and won’t break under stress.

Funny you mentioned the A001 —-I just built a triple samsung LH351D 4k for this clear SF light—one of my favorites at the moment

I am a big(ok huge) fan of the p60 format. Granted limited to an extent with the size, but love the options and flexibility of it(genius imho). I do like solarforce lights, they are decent quality and nicely made for the money. But searching about, good used(mint) condition surefires can be had for not much different. 6p is a classic host, $40-$50 in new condition are about. The quality is better, more solid in feel. Flip side unless bored out, need to be fed 16650 cells. But they are not bad, 2500mah is still decent for most applications. I love the z2 lights, little more than the 6p but worth it. I have one i use in work, couple at home.

6p with black cryos and malkoff tricap

md2 host is also a tough cookie to use

work z2 with sportac 219b triple

Couple of SS L2T’s with cryos bezels

Couple more SF’s

Few surefires

This has an SD xhp70 in, fed on 2x 18350 cells with OR zerorez triad cap and z32 cryos

As i cant bring myself to beat on the rare c2 , i have 3 i use in work for that reason

Along with the c2, the z2 is up there as my fav p60 host

6p after being dropped from around 20ft off a scissor lift, the sportac triple did not even flicker and stayed on. A little tap with a mallet got the flat out and back to round again!

surefire hosts

xmas tree not up just yet, from a previous xmas lol

With the seraph, these can be lego to SF and surefire

ti seraph 6p

For now, the cu cryos resides on a 6p……………love/hate kind of thing

Sorry for long post, kind of get carried away with anything p60. But i would recommend searching around for a nice 6p or z2 to keep guard of your solarforce. Again, no need to spend big, can find from not much different than stainless L2T money. Its a hefty thing the SS L2T for sure, but solid! Still have my 2 SS lights, one at home, one in work. The work has been used for years with a quad in(mainly 200lm type levels as dont need more). It heats up quick as expected, but also cools pretty quick to. Never had any issue over the years of drops . Just short uses with higher output drop ins of course.

Cheers

Love that SS SF chops, my most desired yet never owned solarforce………………rarer than hens teeth in rocking horse beep :sunglasses:

Thanks, that is a great link!

And all the other responses in this thread are proof Solarforce is more popular than ever.

Can’t believe all the builds you guys have, they are very nice.

I wish it would be slightly updated to a 20700/21700 format. Everything the same but the tube +3mm’s diameter, +5mm’s length. And please bring back the L2N the prettiest of the bunch.

L2N is no more? Damn, I’m glad I have two of those :laughing:

I still got several P60 hosts that I appreciated mainly to test new LED or driver but never went crazy about it by lego-ing with expensive parts because of the limited thermal path design.
For quad or triple hosts, I much prefer something with a shelf for the MCPCB like the cheap Astrolux S41 or Jaxman E2L.

That’s it exactly. Still got some extra L2M hosts that I could use, but I keep the same drop-in in just one because it’s handy. Forgot what’s in it, even, I think a ~4500K XP-E2 and 1-mode 1.4A driver.

Love the forward-clicky switch, though! No crazy mode-switching by accident, quick flash’n’dash when needed, as close to a a one-size-fits-all light as I’ve had.

I EDCed a similar ’502B mainly because the more rounded head just fit better in a holster, and the flush tailswitch was less prone to accidentally being turned on (which happened anyway a coupla times!).

You could go crazy with Al-foil or Cu-foil to wrap the critter for better a better thermal pathway, but they usually are okay as-is if you don’t push ’em too hard. Pushing twice the current (and slightly more’n twice the wattage) doesn’t buy you twice the brightness, so it’s okay to be a bit conservative and be happy with 600 lemons or so.

Ooooh, that’s an idea. Don’t think I got even a single drop-in with a high-CRI emitter yet…

Remember the Manifont P60 drop-in’s? They were awesome for what they were at the time. I still have a few that still work perfectly fine.

Whoa… :laughing:

Forgot who it was, but whoever was grexing about the “gay” Oilight S-whatevers in a different thread could feel Big And Manly with these beasties! :laughing:

MattAus did a silver plated P60 triple that was potted, designed his own Hyperion firmware for it. Great set-up!

Still enjoy my SF 2200 and the M8 is an all time fave, especially with the heavily finned copper pill from Bucket.

My 2 cell L2X is a quad in one of Matt’s silver plated copper pills. Several other specialty style SF’s always ticked the boxes for me as well, like the K3 and M3. The Skyline 1 was a nice find for me too.

Something about the L2P line with the inside of the battery tube gold anodized also appealed to me. Yes, I still have and love quite a few old Solarforce lights…

Seems like I only have 12 these days…

My two first flashlights with triple emitters + TIR optic where P60 hosts with drop-in. The first drop-in was custom made (by kerberos) and the second one was a sportac with nichia 219. Wrapped in Cu-foil indeed.

2x SolarForce L2P, 2x Xeno G5, 1x Xeno Farka.