Re: Solarforce Flashlights

1 thing I don't understand:

most things were sold-out a few months ago when I was checking their site.. now they are "on sale"

https://www.solarforceflashlight-sales.com/

thats’ exactly what i have ... and a real Foybezel from my friend Foy

Nothing wrong with solarforce hosts .

Say Ven aren’t you also a CPF fella, I’ve been looking at those pics and many others all weekend and if anyone wants to find good pictures of P60 hosts it would be at CPF that’s for sure.
I got a serious case of P60 overdose,
Just awesome, I spent a lot of time messaging last weekend with Mark owner of The Lumens Factory… about those Seraph Ti lights, they do look great with the heat treatment, he only had 100 of those made and told me that he kept two back for himself, numbers 00 prototype and 01 which he would have let me buy the 01 but their in the middle of a move so he said he couldn’t find it, yet, but told me he’d keep looking and get back to me, I sure hope so, those lights are great, he made them back in 2010 I think.

I also talked with the main man Randy I think it was at Cyros, also a decent fella about those Cu heads but there’s a few that look similar,
In this pic, is that Cu head on the S.S. L2T a Cyros Cu…? And if so did you need an adapter to lego them to the SF L2T S.S. body…??

I’ve got the S.S. L2T and the one in ano and some others I can’t remember exactly what all I bought from SolarForce, now that’s a flashaholic for you, spends a bunch of money and really only wanted the L2T and can’t remember what all was bought, but at those SF sale prices it was a lot of stuff, I guess I’ll be doing P60’s for awhile. ha
I thinks I need to find one of these also, CQvn (quad xp-g2)

Hi there T18, yes a cu cryos z44 bezel and fits straight in the L2T. No adapter required, will fit on the seraph as well as all Lego ’able .

The ti seraph is quite a heft but solid . I got a p60 triple stuck in(little too tight,but to help heat dissipation). It took me ages to get out, prying off the seraph threads. The soft p60 shell took a few dents unsurprisingly . The threads still perfect, even after prying off them. The ti is back at home now, but i did use it for 6 months or so in work with a 219c 5000k triple mule. Drops and all kinds in that time , still looks new!.

All my P60 quads/ triples are copper press fit. I had to make a 18.5mm OD Delrin rod to pound them out, when I hand fit them. (All my Surefire lights a bored/honed to 18.7mm) Slips over the driver spring and sets against the pill with out damage to the driver.

My fav is the Naked Surefire 9P Copper Triple FETDD Guppydrv. 3S XP-L HI 3S Aspire 18650’s 7.20amps at the tail 4200+lms.

My everyday carry… it’s rough in the Ghetto :wink:

Awesome idea KB,love it and the lights :sunglasses:

This Thread has me digging up my P60s —— Think I’ll modernize a few —- :wink:

SF/Seraph/surefire lego

Very cool lights, ven!

Great discussion here,thanks for the tricks and tips I will be needing them.
That plastic push rod is a nice solution:)

I think it’s funny how we figure, when forcing the copper drop-in into the host, it’s home, no need for it to ever come out so it NEEDs to go in hard… then when we want to re-modify it, trying to get that copper pill back out, we’re like, “what the He was I thinking?”

They had a right angle P60 host at one time didn’t they? i don’t see one on the web site anymore?

L2e, seems to be out of production.

Thankyou duramax :+1:

Really appreciate the info Ven and I am pretty sure that early in this thread when I posted a few of the first pictures of what I liked and what I was after I think I posted one of your lights, not sure but they sure do look similar especially with a Seraph sitting next to the Cu L2T and heat treated,
I know absolutely nothing about these modular lights but I’m taking a liking to what I see big time and I know I want to get that Cu head, so if you or anyone can tell me if these heads here, Cryos Illumination will fit “for sure” on the S.S. L2T I have on the way, I would be one happy man, I read what you wrote but when I’m asking again and about For Sure I am really serious about this Cu head, but only because, just look at the prices…!!
I’m not playing around with cheap stuff here so I just can’t buy one of each and see what happens which is my normal way of figuring things out, this is just to expensive this time.
I’m trying to get the exact look you’ve got going with your L2T Ven, with one exception, I also want to get the Cu standoff tailcap, plus I want to use the McClicky conversion with that Cu tailcap with trit slots that Cryos has here, The Copper standoff , now from what I gather the McClicky is a Surefire conversion for the Z4…??
I am telling you I did so much research on this last weekend but only now feel like I’m getting the info I need thanks to you Ven and the others as well, boy did this thread take off, it became clear to me that 10 years ago the modular lights were the big thing but slowly died out, but just maybe might be making a come back now.?
Thanks for the help, seriously…!

Edit: Bye the way, the reason I’m asking again about the Cu Head fitting a L2T is because there is more than just Cryos making these, so I’m not sure if I’m at the right company.?
M2 / Z32 Stainless Steel Smooth…?? Same thing as what you mentioned Ven…??? Just different numbers maybe.?

Holly smokes KawiBoy1428, I’ve always tracked you around for my Jaxman mod ideas but now you’ve gone into a complete new level, that is beautiful, wow.

The cryos come in 2 sizes, z44 and z32( z32 the larger size but still has same thread fitting). The cryos bezels are the same as the OR , both from cryos, either direct or from OR.

Yes those pics you posted are of mine, yes the cu cryos fits the L2T host as the pics show. It does make for a hefty light! So be warned. The cryos bezel as shown, fits surefire(which is the main reason for) and solarforce………………all can be LEGO’d

The z32 size bezel on my c2 here is the larger size(head wise, threads same so will also fit on L2T etc etc)
Up front in this pic

Too add, the m2 is the z32 size, z44 is the 6p/c2 size.

The z32 cryos does have 50% or more mass iirc(its fairly substantial anyway). Ideally more suited to a 26650 body type than 18650(or 16650 in some cases).

Up front here are 3 cryos bezels, the black and cu both z44, the HA natural is z32 and next to that(far right) the m2 bezel.

Thank YOU Ven…!!! I’ve got it now and guessing that OR is Over Ready.? Which is why I was trying to make sure which company but couldn’t remember which was the other company.
The owner of Cryos was so good to me and patient, much like you, that I’ve got to go back and put some money in his pockets, just love that work he does.
The owner of Cryos had to tell me what 6P or 9P was, that’s how much I know about these lights, but there is something about this modular systems that I really do like.
And yep, heavy is just fine, I’ve going for the beauty of the light and it will be a shelf queen, I’ve got so many other lights to use for regular duty.
By the way, sorry for swiping your pics, but had to have them ha ha ha,

Edit: Thanks for throwing those last pics out Ven, I read a lot of your stuff at the other group and the post dates was going into the way back machine, this is a lot to take in, there are so many different combinations, but I’ll get it and I really appreciate your help big time, Thank You again…!!

I’ve always loved the Cryos on a Surefire Centurion but never pulled the trigger on either. Nice lights shown here for sure, really putting the screws to me on not having a Cryos head…