Rear Clicky?

it’s in the oven on a cookie sheet… 450… How long did you bake yours?

I would think the proper oven would be the better bet, a baking sheet will protect your light from any carbon, or just pull out one of the shelves, scrub it clean of any deposits (this is no aspersion on yourself) then once the heat has built up, sit the light in there and watch for the colour change.

Nothing to do now other than crack a beer. And wait for Mrs D to get home to find a flashlight baking in the oven.

That’s hard to gauge, if pulsars was 20 minutes, your much bigger host could be 40 or more - more mass to heat up. Just keep an eye on it, you’ve got a decent torch to shine in there without opening the door right? :bigsmile:

id say it was atleast an hour i left in there. i just left it until there was no more noticeable change.

and yeah mrs pulsar was not very impressed with me when she came home to a flashlight in the oven S)

I thing I may be able to manage it.

and i dont think the size of the torch will make that big a difference in time

I’ve got the windows open & fire extinuishers out…. Mrs D is gonna flip her rag about this smell… Lol I may be buying dinner tonight

gonna need some more O rings. They dont handle heat well…

Oh dear, I’m sure I said to remove the o-rings….that explains the smell :frowning:

yeah… you want to remove everything off the host before baking it lol…
thought that was mentioned already…

No worries, you can order o-rings, just measure the sizes, or post up, a 3t6 is relatively common so someone should be able to help.

Bummer like, I know, sorry pal. :frowning:

[quote=gords1001]
Oh dear, I’m sure I said to remove the o-rings….that explains the smell :([/quote

Lmao… You did… Got in a hurry

:bigsmile: I should have put that in bold to be sure.

Well, scrape the incinerated o-rings off and continue, you’ve got this far, bake that sucker into submission J)

Good job Dale. :P

Thanks!

Well, except for the fact that it wont work, there is nothing dangerous about it. Thin metal (foil, steel wool..) will burn, but anything with more mass will just become warm. I mean, the inside of a microwave is made of metal..

Plates with metal/gold ornaments will make sparks in the beginning, but that stops soon.

How about you test that theory? You may be right but until I'm proven otherwise I'm not putting a flashlight in there. ;) I'd guess that it could arc between the walls of the battery tube.

I JUST SHOT :beer: out my nose….