Rear Clicky?

Inspired recently by Gords… I am looking into ‘flaming’ my Trustfire TR-3T6. Surprizingly it was much simpler to disesmble than I expected. EXCEPT… How do I remove the rear clicky without destroying it?

I don't have that light, but are there 2 holes opposite each other in the inside of the tailcap?

Sure is!

If your going for a fade, leave off the tailcap and heat to about a third of the way up the tube, job sorted :wink:

Ok, just stick the tips of some pliers into the holes and twist. It will screw right out.

Stupid question time… Can the oven generate the heat I need?

Insert tweezers/snapring pliars, turn out anti-clockwise. :wink:

+1

My wife seems strangely opposed to me having a butane torch… Curious…

it can… but you wont get the same effect as gords. look at my recent WTS thread, i baked it for a while… its a slow process

Yep, that’s where the term “baking” comes from.

I think it wants to be about 150c / 330 ish f but I’m not sure, as I just blow lamp the crap out of the host. J)

The oven is a bit slo0w but the microwave is much faster. :evil: Just remember to put it on a microwave safe dish.

i broiled at 450 for quite some time

[quote=Pulsar]
i broiled at 450 for quite some time[/quote

What effect did you get??

This made I giggle like a maniac, for the sake of clarity for anyone reading, please really don’t do this, unless you don’t like the microwave or its owner. :expressionless:

its the burnt orange one
edit: id like to state one more time… i suck at taking pictures

Remember, video!!! :smiley: Wrap it in tin foil for extra safety.

cool!!!... Scaru, I am not allowed to use the microwave since the ‘cat’ incident.

Just to clear up, lastime I used a butane torch, that did the job.

This time I’m planning on using oxy-propane in the hope I can get the heat in quick and more concentrated, before cooling, rotating and doing the next area. I have no idea if this will have the desired effect or not, but I’m hoping for a sort of scollaped design.

The only other way I can think of getting a design is by getting some of the panel beaters heat soak putty, forming the design, heating and see what happens.

I should use the regular oven & not the broiler… Sit it on a cookie sheet or what?

Have you tried the old incan light bulb in a bowl of water microwave trick? That’s fun and another reason to dislike CFL’s, I figure the plastics will make a mess before the desired result.