Recommend me a hunting/camping knife

I have a question. Are there any cheap chinesse knife (from priceangels, manafont, tinydeal etc etc) that is recommended?. We know that sanrenmu, enlan, ganzo and navy are good chinesse folder knives (that are'nt fakes with horrible steels) but what's the matter on fixed knife, exists the same for fixed knives?.

BY the way, priceangels is full of fake fixed knives like this por example: http://www.priceangels.com/32cm-Stainless-Steel-Blade-Straight-Outdoor-Knife-with-Sharp-Head-Leather-Sheath-s88610.html

That knife is made by M-Tech (at least it's what's on the box). You could do a search on "Mtech 13-3/4-Inch SureGrip Survival Knife" or "Mtech Rubber Grip Knife" and see what comes up for you. There's a few different blade styles out there.

Hope that helps.

+1 Mora 2000

Well, any Mora with carbon steel blade.

Thanks I hope I can find a place that can ship to Canada for cheap. Looks like a very cool knife...

Or a Ka-bar.

+1 on ka-bar. or even a gil hibben. ive got a couple ka-bars and hibbens, they are both very nice makers. if i were in the market, or had money for it right now, id buy the one i linked.

Yep .

I like SANMUREN brand, B4-735 is a good one

My problem is that all of online shops only send knifes to EEUU and not for Europe (amazon don't send knifes/tools to europe and more shops, ebay.es have some knifes but aduanes are rage with it). Only chinesse shops send to spain with free shipping.

As xatu, postage to the UK is a pain, Chinese suppliers are by far the easiest to source from.

Yes they are great knifes, I have the larger 939 and it is impressive even at twice the price. Unfortunately not really what I was after in this post, ie fixed blade, full tang and large....

Hello all. I also have OSO NEGRO, the knife is very good but the handle broke even the first time I tried it ahahah now has a knife handle of deer horn. debt is slightly curved in line with osrieto, unique look and very good to work with the knife. I do not know how to upload your photo to see it?

You must introduce the URL of the photo, it must be in internet not in your local hard disk.

If you want a big knife, get a Bowie. Decent ones regularly go on sale at Amazon and Big 5 for $20.

The Winchester one that Amazon sells is a nice knife, the Humvee set that Big5 sells is great for the $$

The problem is always the same, amazon does not sell knives to Europe/Spain saddly. And from EEUU the knife must pass aduane and double the price or directly flies...

D2 blades can be used for hacking too, depending on the thickness of the blade, the edge geometry and the hardness and the way the blade was hardened/tempered..

A properly made D2 blade can hold an edge for a LOOONG time, and can be strong/tough at the same time.

A similar (better for edge retention) steel for blade is M2. M2 is widely used in the manufacture of metal working tools (like drill bits and end mills that are use to cut and shape metals, including other steels)

Excluding some of the super alloys like VG10 and ATS34 most of the good blade steels are NOT stainless. 99% of the 440 steels in their different grades (440-C being the most common) are just garbage when it comes to good qualities of a knife blade. You want a good working knife at a reasonable price by a carbon steel knife and take care of it.. I second the suggestion for a Mora. They are great knives..

Here are a couple of hand made knives of M2 tool steel. Handles are G11 (similar to G10). Tubular copper pins. Blades are about 62-64 degree on the Rockwell hardness scale..The bigger blade is 9" long,not including handle.

They look like kitchen knives. I like others types of knives instead, survival/hunting.

Hunting knives include the puukko and the Sharp finger. Most American intend are based on a minor description of the Bowie knife. Knife maker Bob Loveless popularized the Drop end hunting knife and William Scagel popularized the Camp knife.

I’ve bad my Buck 102 for 40 years now. Good steel, no frills.