Recommend me a tactical type flashlight

Anything Olight , also i just picked up a thorfire TG06S it’s not 10000 lumens but starts on turbo and has quick access to strobe

Its depend how much do you want to spend… acebeam L16 is one example.

OK so you’re after a mid size light, with around a 40 mm head size? (Similar size of a C8)

Unfortunately there aren’t many XHP35 tactical lights within the budget price range.
Exactly what is your budget? (Highest price)

I also wish for a budget priced, mid-size XHP35 dual-switch light with a “Direct to high every time” tail switch function like the Acebeam L16 / L30.
But right now that is just wishful thinking because I don’t think it exists.

If I got the L16 I’d want to swap out the CW LED for a NW.

“At the moment Im looking at Nitecore P16, Jetbeam IIM PRO or Lumintop T15S as budget options”

Did you mean the Jetbeam IIIM Pro? And Lumintop TD15S ?

https://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_1627577.html
https://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_597776.html

Either the Lumintop TD15S or Nitecore P16 look like a good choice for the price.

Is there anything about those specifically that didn’t work for you? Or just looking for some other ideas?

https://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_597776.html
https://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_20323.html

Check out the Nitecore TM03 the only downside for me is that it need a propriety battery which it comes with

Wuben T103??

Good find, that one does seem to be a decent XHP35 tactical light.
1-click for ON, and I think it may even start in high mode (not sure) but it does have quick to access turbo from any mode (long press).

Thanks for posting this, for me personally it may be something to consider as well. Just wish it had some knurling on it. And a NW option.

We’re not exactly sure what the OP’s max budget is, but there was a code available for this that lowered the price by $25.00, but it’s no longer working, do some digging might be able to find a deal somewhere, or even request one from one of the aff-linkers here…

This one in Gold is a XM-L2 in WW for $68 and some change. Free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WUBEN-T103-Tactical-LED-Flashlight-1280LM-CREE-USB-Rechargeable-18650-Battery-/263092848315?\_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

Right, preferably something with medium sized (35mm - 45mm) reflector. Current budget is around 50 USD, possibly more with some good coupons. The user interface of L16 would be great - dedicated turbo button allowing also for momentary action. But L16 is out of my budget and the tint seems to be ultra cold.

Yeah I want the same and both the same reasons about the L16.

Your link shows either black or gold for $68.57.

But now I’m curious about the gold one you linked from ebay because it’s showing (warm white) for the gold and (cold white) for the black. The description shows “warm yellow beam” but many times the Chinese manufactures refer to Neutral as being “warm yellow” I’m going to have to try and find the CCT on it. Banggood lists 6500K for the black one.

The black CW 6500K is $65.52 shipped right now from Banggood with code 4BLF.

Does it start on Turbo every time? Or does it have mode memory?

(I’m only ticking one of your checkbox…)

From what I’ve researched, these stock flashlights feature forward-clicky (momentary on):

Convoy L6 (+ side switch) [XHP70]
NiteCore P30 (+ side switch) [XP-L Hi]
FiTorch P20R (+ side switch) [XP-L HD]
Sofirn SP31 (+ side switch) [XP-L2]
Convoy L2 [XM-L2 or XP-L Hi versions]
Brinyte B158B [XP-L Hi]

(I can’t be 100% sure, but I think all above models also have mode memory, but may not have a “direct-to-Turbo” function)

Although I do like the (Rifle sling attachment?) tail lanyard ring, how can a “truly” tactical flashlight have only a side switch?

The OP even specified this:

• “Rear momentary on switch, possibly side switch for mode selection”
  • “Immediate on/off clicky action, no long presses allowed”

Wouldn’t your SPX18 or SPX10 have been a better recommendation? Non XP-L HI and seems to have an extremely tactical tail switch (360 degrees operation). But I couldn’t tell from the operation instructions in the manual download, do they start on high? and have no memory?

Also this is quite rare to see a Mfg. chime in on a thread and recommend / link their own product, that could be viewed as spam. :slight_smile:

Nice list for general reference, but unfortunately not for the OP. :slight_smile:

Convoy L6 (+ side switch) [XHP70]
NiteCore P30 (+ side switch) [XP-L Hi]
FiTorch P20R (+ side switch) [XP-L HD]
Sofirn SP31 (+ side switch) [XP-L2]
Convoy L2 [XM-L2 or XP-L Hi versions]
Brinyte B158B [XP-L Hi]

We can exclude the FiTorch and Sofirn, he’s looking for a larger reflector size, (see post #12)
The Nitecore, Brinyte and both of the Convoy’s have too large a reflector size (see post #21)

He’s looking for medium sized (35mm – 45mm) reflector.

How about Klarus XT11GT

XHP35 HD E4 would put it in the cool white category I think. 35mm reflector. Instant Turbo from the tail switch. Side switch as well. Built in recharging. 2000 lumens. Nice light. Lots of features. Kind of got me wanting one.

Convoy M1?

Great recommendation, although the XT12GT (XHP35 HI thrower version) was suggested earlier (post #2), Dioda replied he had considered the Klarus Xt series but had an issue with PWM (see post #3)

The XT12GT however doesn’t appear to have the “Advanced Tactical Setting” of the XT11GT that disables the side switch and gives only direct Turbo or Strobe at the tail, this is the closest thing to the operation of the Acebeam L series that I’ve seen.

The price of the XT11GT is only slightly less that the Acebeam L16 that Dioda said was over his budget, he’s looking for around $50.00. (post #21)

However… If he’s willing to go only $8 higher there’s a coupon deal on the XT11GT for only $58 (if it’s still valid) and there may be other deals, I didn’t check all the aff-linkers deal pages here. I also see it on ebay as low as $69

But all this only if you’re okay with the high frequency hissing sound on turbo.

Regardless of the hissing it appears to be an excellent tactical light! If Klarus had this in a NW I’d be seriously considering it as well. Might still be worth doing an emitter swap if the bezel can be easily removed. Thanks for posting about it.

KD Litker’s NEW 2600 lumen C8.2 with the newer XHP-50.2 is tough, build very well (thick springs, tight specs) and throws deep with excellent spill compared to most in it’s size (although technically it’s not a deep thrower). I’m not sure what tactical means lately (except more $ to milk out of the “tactical” name whenever it can be used). :expressionless:

I ran it on this pig gun for a while:

- out to 100 yards everything is full color, and out to 200 I could take any shot on a pig in a field (and ID it from a calf or other critter). Unless it was in the thickest of brush (past 100 yards), this little light did the job for any range I’d shoot this rifle. But my wife (then my father-in-law) decided they liked it so I’m ordering another— $30 shipped and usually gets here (US) faster than most Chinese sellers. The memory mode works to stay ON turbo using a pressure switch and it STAYS ON TURBO until you take it down or the battery runs dry (good battery is a must- I use 30Qs, they rock in this light).

Compared to my newly built C8F (with three XP-L2s) this light is VERY close in lumen output with it’s ONE XHP-50.2 led and it actually throws a BIT further (by a hair) than the C8F, but not as wide- the C8F has a NICE WIDE beam with it’s 3 leds. And the shaved XP-L2 (C8F #2 I’m building now) will of course throw longer. Of course, a shaved and polished XHP50.2 would ALSO throw longer if you were inclined (See Lexel’s post on his latest shave and polish trick he’s doing with these LEDs for more). And if you use it on a gun with a pressure switch— Lexel’s tail FET switch is a must have too.

Whatever KD did with the driver it works with that XHP50.2 REALLY well (but it can “whine” a little on turbo- so not good for bow hunters in trees when the drop of a leaf can spook some critters at that close a range). I ran about 50 rounds down this rifle with this light on it— zero problems (but had to get used to the timing on the memory to keep it coming on in Turbo- learning curve but workable with a little practice.)

Tactical? I dunno’ but tough, bright, and very usable to me as a hunter both on and off the gun. Currently right below $30 shipped to the US (and worldwide shipping is free) Here is the model I got: KDLITKER C8.2 Cree XHP50.2 Neutral White 5000K

And IF you want a thrower in the same model (for the same $30 shipped) using the newer XHP35 HI led… here is is: KDLITKER C8.2 Cree XHP35 HI Neutral White 5000K

There are also a few more tint selections— just double check your final light as KD’s listings are easy to get mixed up when looking at them all. Good luck and hope this is helpful.

This could be a very good candidate at an extremely budget price, however it does not have a tactical (momentary) forward tail-switch, it has a reverse clicky.

And I believe it also starts on low. Also not sure it’s output is 1000 lumens, but it may be close.

A modded Convoy was suggested by 1000cri (post #7 above) but I’ll go into a bit more detail:

If the M1 tail switch can be easily swapped out for a forward one, there is some hope for this because I believe it can be requested to have the Biscotti software installed (if it’s ordered from Simon’s Convoy aliexpress shop) so it can be user-programmed to start on high (100) with or without memory, there are 4 settings that start on 100.

There also may be a chance (Convoy - Simon) could install a forward switch if requested but I’m not sure about that. I don’t know if that would be a direct swap or if some customizing would be needed, I believe the forward switches are a bit taller, Although Convoy does use a forward switch in several of their other models.

An excellent tactical light if Biscotti is installed and if a forward switch can be installed. A solid, reliable, compact size, simple design at a budget price and easily moddable, I asking myself now why I don’t already have one of these!

It’s over the OP’s budget but for reference P-Flex pro (also suggested by 1000cri) sells a 1250lm tactical modded M1 w/forward switch and programmable UI for $76.00. It has 22 user selectable mode groups, with 7 that start on 100% with no memory: https://www.pflexpro.com/Convoy-M1-PFlexPRO-LED-Flashlight-Forward-Clicky-p/pfp-m1-fc-22m.htm

Not really tactical, these have reverse clicky, and it has mode memory (so you have to worry about what mode it was in when you used it last). Personally for me (and many others) that excludes it for tactical use, I can’t even remember to set the last mode my non-tactical mode memory lights.

Sounds like a great light otherwise, I’ve long been considering that XHP35 HI version you linked. Or the XHP35 HD.

Since this is a tactical flashlight thread I’ll add my two cents here on the term “Tactical flashlight”

“Tactical” does have a legitimate meaning for a flashlight as the type required by LE, security & military personnel, but of course the term has been widely and thoroughly abused by scores of flashlight “companies” in an attempt to market to mall ninja’s and regular folk who are brain washed into believing the “navy seal flashlight” hype.

For me personally the meaning of “tactical light” is a flashlight that reserved strictly for “bump in the night / critical situation / emergency” use.

In a state of near panic when I grab the light I need to:

• Immediately locate the switch. (tail switch)
  • Start on a very bright mode level. (regardless of what mode it was in when previously used, so NO memory)
  • Have momentary function (forward switch)

The momentary function of a forward switch is useful for the “flash and dash” technique - “a short burst of light to illuminate your opponent followed by you disappearing back into the darkness, depriving your opponent of a target.” This can include you quickly moving your position at the off cycle.

If the light will be used indoors the “High” starting mode should be a reasonable brightness, probably no more than 1500lm, but possibly a little higher. 3000-4000+ lumens will do nothing but blind yourself, especially if you have white walls. It may be okay if that’s available on an additional turbo mode for use outdoors or to blind an attacker.

These are my personal opinions only. I’m not a professional or expert on the subject, but I know how I need my “tactical” (i.e.“emergency”) flashlight to perform in a critical situation, for example a middle-of-the-night home invasion, robbery attempt or similar SHTF circumstance.