Recommend the best Chinese-made or budget knives/tools you have come across!

I was browsing ebay and I saw these Sanrenmus that looked like the 763, but they were liner locks and they came in different colours. Sanrenmu 7063LUC

I don’t like the pattern on the scales; seems they could have left it smooth like the LB763; or put some other pattern and filled it in a bit more throughout the scales.

Not sure why they even made a liner lock version. I think most people get the 763 because of the axis-lock.

I do not know that sanrenmus… Perhaps fakes?.

If i must recommend my favorite budget knife… it’s impossible. I like each one in differents ways.
The Enaln el01 is a must have sure. The sanrenmu 733 i like becasuse it is anatomically perfect. The el03 for me has one of the more beautiful blade of all, enlan el04mct has a angle blade i like and the micarta handle… The el08 is a beast, the ganzo g704 is smooth, strong and with beautiful blade, the g712 has a unique design on handle and blade, the inron my803 has a incredible blade (but bad slim handle and other problems in reviews but mine come perfect in all ways except sharpness, but i fix it with my diamond stones), the ganzo g710 has a beautiful and “original” (benchmade) blade and super super smooth but poor lock engage, even i can recommend the new harnds viper if you don’t like the tactical looking. Perhaps the enlan l05 is my least favorite of i own.

All like me in different ways. Budget chinese knives = Addiction!

I don’t trust very much on that JinLang Columbia Knife SA28 because Columbia is a very poor brand that make fakes and very low quality knives but that looks impressive. 440C steel? i don’t think that for the price but xaru, is really so good that knife?

SRM 913P about a week ago and I love it,absolutely perfect lock up and zero play anywhere I
play anywhere. Adjustable deep carry clips from left or right a,smooth no sharp edges anywhere fits really well in pocket fit a great in my hand whether opened or closed .Ive already put it too work cutting 5/16 fuel line and twine on bales of straw for dog house’s I feel confident bearing my weight on blade and keeping control .

If sanrenmu would do bigger knives… The 913p is the bigger knife from sanrenmu at this time i think. But i hate the mix edge and the tip.
I saw a no mix edge no coated for near to 40$, the mixed version is a lot cheaper… I know it must have a huge quality but i do not like very much the design. Not falling in love at eyes.

There’s another great slipjoint, U.K. legal carry on FastTech. Omuda 3922

Very well made and a solid feel, a bit gritty at first but after a few openings and closings it’s fine. The machining is a nice feature, the “nail nick” extending the length of the blade and being pierced is a good touch of design.
No lanyard hole and tip down carry. Replaced the SanRenMu AOH02 as my EDC. I got that and the SanRenMu H03 one day apart from FastTech but they were ordered a week apart.
Something that impressed me on the H03 is that there’s a tube joining the scales between the lanyard holes, well made. Spyderco could learn something about back-spring strength SanRenMu have got it right in the AOH02 and the H03, strong enough but not fighting to get the blade open like on the Bug series and the Kiwi. Like the small Rimei 5811 the spring is too strong making it difficult to open and a finger nipper to close - just like another slip-joint of theirs.

How’s the steel? It claims 440C, I saw it but didn’t think it was a slipjoint, btw the Rimei knives I’ve bought have all been excellent quality. I was quite surprised I just wanted a junk knife but the steel held up alright even on that little one at the bottom.

The steel is fine, I don’t find much difference to 8Cr13MoV when sharpening. I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality from a lesser known (to me) brand, I’ll try any brand once just to see what they’re like. FastTech stocks some more Omuda knives but they are well down on my “to buy” list.
The blade keeps an edge but I only use it for light tasks, packet opening and box opening, it mostly stays in my “man bag” a Maxpedition Fatty.
If I know that I’m going to be doing some serious cutting then I reach for my Hultafors or an Enlan EL-01.

When I bought the Omuda I bought a knife and fork as well, ” handy “:http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10006653/1520600-rimei-multifunctional-stainless-steel-fruit-knife to keep in the car for fish and chips. Plastic handle but at ~$3 I’m not complaining. :bigsmile:

Next on my list are some more EL-01’s and at least one SanRenMu 7063, I rather like the idea of the LB-763 as a linerlock, my LB-763 opens quickly as it is and it’s a great blade shape. There are also a few SanRenMu 710/7010’s to get.

I have that on order. Do you know the handle material?

The knife in my pocket is a mother of pearl handled whittler. I got it from a big new knife site, called something like Discount Cutlery. It says “Rough Rider, 440, China” on the main blade. It is not quite as compact as antique whittlers I have but very nice. You remind me to clean it.

The handle is of a greyish alloy maybe aluminium or some sort of pot metal, dull until it’s scraped. Strong backspring, a bit of a finger nipper if you’d let it.

I’ve just ordered a SanRenMu in the same black/grey/blue colour scheme. :smiley:

There’s a few places in the U.K. that sell the Rough Rider brand knives. They’re made in China and are good quality for what you pay.

Heinnie Haynes .

I agree.

I ended up with two 913 P’s. The first one had a stripped pillar and the scale screws just spun freely in the pillar.

Vendor sent me a replacement knife and let me keep the flawed one. :bigsmile:

Anyone know where I could get a spare pillar for the 913P?
It would be an easy fix.

How about drilling it out and putting a short length of M2.5 studding and a couple of nuts, secure with blue loctite and sand down so the nuts don’t stick in your hands.
Or maybe clamp the scales together with the screws in the pillar that’s stripped and try to get it to hold with loctite or superglue or epoxy.
A piece of G10 as a backspacer and thread it for the pillar screws or use self tapping screws into the G10.
The thread is probably M2.5 so a pair of M3 screws might be persuaded to fit.

Definitely the Green Thorn F95T - my favorite knife at the moment.
The quality is simply amazing for the price.
Check out the full review here: Best Chinese Knives: Green Thorn F95T D2 Titanium Knife Review!