Recommendation for 21700 liion capacity tester

Sure, thanks man. I’ll update you once I recieve them.

hey @Mandrake50 @Larry_B just received the skyrc mc3000 i just love how good this charger is and thanks for your recommendation.

i have few questions

1. to check for cell capacity in cycle mode(c>d mode) their’s a option " discharge reduce" what should it be set to?
    here’s a pic of my capacity test profile for molicel p42a:

2. i have a yr1035+ ir tester, to get the most accurate reading at what cell voltage should i check for internal resistance ( am using molicel p42a)

https://mans.io/files/viewer/1336760/13

“Discharge Reduce. Applies to the discharge routine of a program. Inversely similar to the CV-phase of Li-Ion battery charging algorithm, when reaching CUT VOLT, this option will hold that voltage constant while automatically reducing the current down to the specified value before it terminates the discharging routine. Setting this option will extend the discharging period beyond the time for normal discharge cut-off, discharge even more electric charge, but never let the battery fall below the cut-off voltage. Since battery offline voltage tends to recover after a discharge process, reducing the discharge current helps to reduce the extent of recovery. “-Zero” means that the discharge current will continue to decrease, approaching 0A infinitesimally; beware, this could take forever and may also not serve battery health. Not terribly useful in most cases, the Storage operation mode does profit from this option though. If you are confused, just turn it OFF”

Does that help? I think that I have seen this specified in some cell Data Sheets when they mention capacity testing. I believe that the P42A uses 50 mA for this number.

Generally I check DC IR when cells are fully charged. Charge them up and immediately check the IR. At least this will give better consistency, I think you will find that the DC IR readings can’t be directly compared to AC 1000 Hz readings that you get with your yr1035+…