Recommendations for 2 -26650 Spot & Flood 1500 to 4000 Lumens

I’m looking for recommendations for a flashlight that will take 2 –26650 with flood & spot that can throw. At least 1500 to 4000 lumens.

Throw how far?

Sofirn SP70
Convoy L6
Convoy L7

I have the SP70, L6 and the L7 SBT90.2. The L7 is my favorite by far. 1320 meters of throw and 5900 lumens in turbo. I was impressed with the L6 when I first got it years ago then I purchased the L7 last year and it is a fantastic dual 26650 flashlight. The flood is good enough for me but what I like is its ability to light targets far away. The Sofirn SP70 is a fantastic light at a much lower price with great run times.

FleshLike for throw 200 to 500ft. Thanks I will check them out. Majoroverkill that is impressive I’m not going to say no to those specs. Thanks I will check them out.

Ah I just replied to your thread about burning out the driver of your previous light.

Given you’re replacing a zoomy, I want to clarify you’re asking for a light with a fixed beam, but that the beam is “punchy” with enough flood to see up close?

Man, we need better describing words for beam patterns :stuck_out_tongue:

500ft isn’t all that far. Be aware ANSI rating for throw isn’t very reliable as it’s measured all the way down to equivalent of moonlight level (0.25lux)- I don’t know about you, but I sure as hell can’t see anything 500ft away if the only light is moonlight…I find half advertised throw distance generally okay for real-world use.

If you’re comparing specifications, look for at least 300m (1000ft).

The Convoy L7 is an absolute monster. I see from this review that the length of the cell can be problematic, I know from your other thread, you have cells already, so it’s worth checking they fit!

@gravelmonkey Thank you very much for the info. You’re right I can’t really see that far. What I’m looking for is something that can light up my yard & spot at least 150ft down a path. A lots of side-bys coming through on private property.

Alternatively you can get two single-cell flashlights. One that fits your requirements and the other one is up to you, say, a pure flooder or pure thrower.

Or, if you happen to like the first light so much, you can buy one more as a spare.

Good 26650 flashlights include Convoy M3-C, Sofirn SP33S, Astrolux FT02S, Astrolux FT03 (available in XHP50.2 / SST40 / SFT40 / SFN55.2 flavor), and many more.

Thanks for your reply. I want something really bright. I like the white light look. I like the Convoy L8 but wrong battery size & I like the Sonfirn SP70 but Amazon does state if it’s 6500K or 5000K. I would like an around thrower & flood since these don’t have adjustable zoom.

You are welcome.

My first flashlight purchase was also a generic zoomie one… A long 2x26650 with a “XHP70.2” big domed LED that’s likely a knock-off of the real deal. Out the front its output was decently bright but had noticeable PWM. Claimed to have a reach of 1000 meters when zoomed in, but to my eyes it only faintly illuminated about 300 meters away. Worse, the zoomed beamshot is so ugly what with ‘the box shape with a dark cross’ and no spill at all. Even worse still, being a total noob, I overpaid for that light twice as much.
It worked fine, but I was definitely missing out on true capabilities of genuine non-generic flashlights. Then I discovered BLF and 1lumen.com, both terrific sources of flashlight information, and boy, how I was blown away, LOL.

TLDR, avoid cheap generic zoomies like a plague.

Here is a review of Sofirn SP70 by The Flashaholic. Many nice beamshots provided (although the “Dangerous Place” part is a bit silly, LOL)

And product demo by Piercing The Darkness (BLF member Funtastic here)

Sorry the links are in mobile Youtube, I’m using a smartphone.

FleshLike is right on the dot about most zoomies. Ugly beams, poor quality, short life. Sofirn SP70, Convoy L6/L7 are probably the best right now with the Convoy M3-C as a solid smaller back-up. They all throw well with good spill.

FleshLike & texas shooter thanks guys. I had my fill with the zoomie ones. I rather spend the money on a good one. @FleshLike thank you for the YT I def like SP70! Now that lights up! Merry Christmas guys!