Reflector revised: ReyLight Pineapple Brass 14500/AA Flashlight, Nichia 219C 4000K

Looking forward to gen 3

Will this guy ever be sold on Amazon? I’ve yet to pick this up b/c I’m not so gunho about having it shipped overseas on the slowboat but being sold from Amazon would def change that.

EDIT - Oh! Duh!! I just read post #510.

how’d I miss that post? :person_facepalming: going on Amazon right now… Or should I now wait for Gen 3s to hit there. Will this ever happen Rey? thanks!

You can wait for V3 with some new features.

Your Brass Pineapple is a very unique and beautiful flashlight. I was about to buy one from Amazon last month. Until you teased us with the new version 3. How much longer do we need to wait? Thanks

Would anyone have an idea where I could find a two replacement switches, both switches gave out on me, just my bad luck.
Really do love these lights and really want to get them working again,
I have spent hours scouring Alie, KD, looked everywhere with no luck, it’s sort of a odd size I believe, a 14mm pcb with 8.11mm square box, 5.93mm tall from PCB …?
Thank you in advance,

pm replied.

I think you have the 1st version with the smaller switch. I can ship you a new one. However, using 14500 is not suggested.

Yes I think your correct, the two I have you sent the new improved reflectors, and I did use only 14500’s, maybe tried the AA once, so that would explain the failures, hadn’t thought of that.
I have two that failed, the 14500 beam profile was just beautiful after the new reflectors,
Maybe I can just buy a 100 switches from you every other year or so… ha
I can PM you my address and PP you some money to help with expenses, just let me know when.
Thanks Rey, I’ll be watching for your Ver. 3,

Edit: Just read up the posts and if I can buy the Ver 3 now with extensions I can do that, and put a side note regarding the two old switches, geez really out of touch, had no idea there was another version, was looking at your Ti Lan’s,

PM sent.

Thanks Rey, really do appreciate your help…!

Wait, what?!? Never read about that before, it’s a 14500 light after all, isn’t it?
Do I have to worry using my 1st generation Pineapple with 14500? :open_mouth:

Will probably soon be addressing my new Pineapple that is still in it’s sealed bag. Thinking I must put in a de-domed XHP-50.2 with 2 14250 cells. Just something I have to do… :wink:

The 1st batch used a smaller switch, some of them cannot take high current of 14500 and get burnt, depends on luck, I think. Maybe 5-10% of them.
After that,we changed the tail a little and used a bigger switch.

Ah, OK, thanks for the info! I guess I’m one of the lucky ones then, still going strong, and I had it on high several times for 15 or 20 minutes or even longer, until it was almost too hot to hold…

:slight_smile:

I cut this little brass pineapple out of the plastic and danged if I don’t like it so much I’ve decided to not modify it! It’s a neat little light, very nice beam profile, the 4000K Nichia Hi CRI emitter is nice as well. Just can’t bring myself to mod it, too dang nice.

Thanks Rey! :smiley:

Edit: By the way, my first one I modified with an FET driver, my nephew liked it so much I gave it to him for Christmas last year and he uses it daily, loves it and swears by it. He works in a meat packing plant, says the light is a must have. So, on his behalf, thank you again. :wink:

I see Amazon now has them back in stock. Looks like they are still the older version. You stated version 3 has 470 lumens with a 14500 cell in a previous post. But specs on amazon say 390 lumens. Will you be seling version 3 on amazon soon?
And finally is this you on amazon? ” Reylight Storefront”:https://www.amazon.com/sp?\_encoding=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=1&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=&seller=A1YOJ78J41NXXB&tab=&vasStoreID=

That’s me, the one is old version. I might sell V3 on amazon after KS project.

Well I waited a few months and now you do have v3 on Amazon. I just placed my order. Now I just need to know what size tritium vial I need to order? Thanks

Have you seen this thread?

You need 1.5x6mm.