Reminiscing the Defiant Super Thrower (DST)......

I hold in my right hand the legendary DST. I Dedomed an XML-2. To this day NOTHING matches it for the munny. $12.00. The zero’s at the end by Home Depot’s inner sactuum pricing codem’s told savvy’s that this was as low as it was to likely go - at least in the U.S. Of A. Then some Canadian’s found it for about C6.00. Geeze Louise they went Notta-nutz scarfing up every DST on any shelf.

Ya see back in 2013 or so as many here know BLF found a jewel and not very much in the ruff. The reflector was huge in that day’s standard. About 63mmm of plastic reflector butt tuff as he*ll. Peeps were throwin 6Amps at it like inhaling and exhaling. The reflector somehow didn’t melt and the supposed tinny looking side switch didn’t either. In fact the flimsy appearing switch was in actuality quite robust. Good enuff that many great modders left it alone. Any gains weren’t worth the bother basically.

Came direct-drive from the maker. One mode - MastaBlast only. Who needed poosy-footin modes with this thing anyway? Simple dimple. A modder’s potential dream.

Anyway the BLF thread that essentially started the frenzy came from none other than the modding likes of Texaspyro and Garry Bunk the original discoverer.

Bless their little knowledgeable hearts. :student: :beer:

What a flash. Watt a bargain. $12.00. Reeeeediculous.

And ya know watt? That dedomed XML-2 Up to the present still kicks A LOT of today’s
flashes in the keister not only in lux butt lumens too.

Put an OSRAMcn or an XPG2-S4 2B in that puppy and we’ll see ya wanting one too. Except they’re now gone baby gone. Poof!

Never could figure out why it never came back even at HD’s full list of $29.95 after the frenzying. Maybe it was a lost leader. Maybe many in the general public thought the head was just too ginormous. Didn’t sell as a result. I bet $12.00 was wholesale or less than. Our gain. IDK.

Oh well just reminiscing here for funn and gigs. :laughing:

Posting the thread link here in a bit. Well worth reading cuz there’s a TON of modding thoughts, tricks and thrills that still bear reading.

And another great modding thread by DBSAR….

Thanks for the memories!

Don’t want to admit how many Home Depots I searched to get more of them back in the day.
Gave them to friends, sold a few and now still have one runner and one still sealed in it’s factory tomb.

You are right about all the funky mods members did to them and they all seemed to improve in some manner.
Best big box non lithium thrower ever.
Later,

Keith

Got mine for a penny .

it's the only penny light I ever found . it was opened in the package / behind lights and i was so excited to even find one ...and then shocked when it slid out of the packaging and bounced down the aisle . My joy returned when it rang up in front of my disbelieving friend . Oh whata joy it is being right almost all the time . I think another friend and I paid 16$? for one half price 6 months before . A great BLF home depot budget light find .

Ya oughta hang it by the front entrance in a fancy glassed velvet lined framed box like peeps do with medals and ancient golf balls.

Then affix a shiny 2013 penny next to it. Look on friend’s face had to be priceless. Watta story. :laughing: