Remote switch tail board with FET, so no added resistance

That sounds good… Looking forward to see the model and your test :beer: :+1:

FET momentary switch is also good for certain linear driver 1x18650 hunting configurations.

Damn cool stuff happens round here…

Optimists :smiley:

I know that you could also make it! But only if you want :wink: :beer:

A rechargeable coin cell in series with a diode could be another option?

This is mechanical problem , you have to redesign flashlight from scratch. Lumintop FW serie have E-switch in tail cap

This is probably ths best idea. I wonder if a BIOS cell would bea good solution

Bios cells aren’t rechargeable, and they last a really long time, here it should also be the case as long as the pulldown resistor is a value high enough.

For a rechargeable cell see watch rechargeable cells like this one

Anyone know if Lexel is okay? He hasn’t been active in ages

So I finally rigged up something on the test bench using my oooold homebrew FET remote tape switch assembly and instead of the 2032 I used a bleeder resistor, cap, and diode. It worked. As predicted in the modelling software I used, the 10Mohm pulldown and random cap I had (200uF/25V) it lasted about 10minutes on. Switch-off responsiveness was immediate to the hand/eye. I ran a BLF A6 FET+1 driver and 351D with it. I saw 14mV drop across the FET and pcb traces.

I’ll work more on this soon hopefully. I’d like feedback on the ~10-60 minutes continuous on time before the cap drains through the pull down resistor. Releasing and repressing the tape switch restarts the ‘timer’. I figure in an application like mine where I don’t have a latching switch, it’s fine. I’ll never need nor want to squeeze the switch that long anyway.

In reflection of all this, I really think using a non-rechargeable button cell is fine. The cell only drains while on and with fractions of microamps, their shelf life can be a really long time, and it’s simple in it’s own way. I may end up returning to that configuration. Still, I’m never against more options floating around out there :wink:

Your finger would probably feel kinda stiff and cramped up after holding down the trigger for 10+ minutes continuously. Sounds like the problem would probably be the user being bad at hunting rather than a fault of the switch at that point.

Most hunters only require 30 seconds to take a shot or two. Maybe longer if you used a pressure switch with an on/off as well like Convoy’s.

Nice test! :+1:

Well since Lexel disappeared we don’t actually have any kind of remote FET remote tail switch. Maybe you Jared or any of you BLF smart guys could step and make something for sale?

If no one wants to step with production of “these” I know that we could contact Led4Power for that job (he makes any kind of drivers, pcb’s etc but he prefers wholesale orders) but there will be certain MOQ (larger moq of course) for them.

I don’t know if we would manage to collect 200+ switches in group buy or interest thread?…

I’m sure something open source can be done. Oshpark boards and some larger footprint components for easy hand soldering.

Scematics? Shape - diameter? I can trace a PCB for OSH. Nfet for tail cap switch

If this was something that could be made I’d order in bulk at 100+

Do you mean on the same type of design like this one from this thread (LEXEL original FET remote battery switch design)

or the new type of design where we would have pure hardware type of FET remote switch (if this is possible?).

I guess I could also take 100? But I am still not sure in battery FET remote switch design(well maybe rechargeable battery?) cause once when battery dies my costumers(mostly older people) will be unable to replace it and then I will be in problem…

Anything, as long as it works :slight_smile:

The capacitor isn’t a bad idea though. Who do you know that’ll hold the switch on for 10 minutes? Just a release and hold resets it for another 10 minutes. It’s probably the simplest method. Batteries could be tricky to get in New Zealand at this time. If they’re preinstalled it’s no problem by China Post, but anything else either costs a lot or it’s not possible

Hi…

I also agree… I am hunter and for me I need only 2-5 seconds of switch hold while I am on tree stand…

You certainly don’t want to freak out the game or give away your position with using the light all the time.

When you hear that the game came to your hunting spot (feeder etc.) you use the light…

So I also vote for capacitor (or any other possible pure hardware solution) version of this switch!

I have quoted Mitko cause I know that he had working version of FET remote switch without battery for his personal builds and costumers several years ago but he never revealed to forum what he did!

The good news is both types can be designed and those with the means to make and or distribute them are free to do so.

Quadruple, I can share the schematic soon. I’d say these should be made in 16, 17, and 20mm variants at least. Some sort of spacer will be required for fitment that I haven’t put much thought into yet.

One option is a hollowed out omten switch, which is fine for mods, but maybe not elegant enough for sold products