Repackaged: Eagle Eye X6 host kit w/BLF box $15.99.

Shhhhhh :bigsmile:

35mm optics are very close I suppose. Khatod and Ledil have those. EDIT: yes, including for the XHP70.

I have a 35mm Optic that would work well in one. It won’t fit over the dome of an MT-G2 but works pretty good with a de-domed one.

I have 2 different 35mm reflectors on the way here to try in the X6 with the XHP70. Hoping to get over 4000 lumens from it, might get closer to 5000. :slight_smile:

One is from Ledil, the Mirella, the other is a Fraen from Cutter.

If you can afford to sell just the shell part for under $10, I can see buying a set and putting it in the oven for a color upgrade. I’d much rather do that with a spare set than my only BLF X6.

The reflector is somewhat special in the way the o-ring seals in this light. And the way they are packed in the BG package really makes for a lot of damaged reflectors. Just a wipe with a cloth destroys them. In the GB, these were very well preserved. I would want nothing less.

Are you sure Adega (sp?) isn’t just the metal supplier to Eagle Eyes and just wanted to capture the frenzy? Maybe they don’t do the other parts and that is why you are being stonewalled.

At this rate (not having parts) I'll be happy to sell the shells for under $10 just to try and recover some of my investment.

Adega may be that, but they sent me several other flashlight samples as well that were complete, and offered me the complete light when I first started talking with them, so I know that they can (or at least could) get some parts.

When you get the dispute settled, I’ll keep an eye on these showing up on the site. It will also work well for people wanting to do some other things like making interchangeable heads (custom driver/emitter) like P60 interchangeability by replacing just the lens/reflector/& crown… or make your own switch upgrade.

As for me, hopefully all the parts are from the same anodizing batch so all the parts will come out equivalent from the oven.

Looking forward to see what you end up doing with these. I suspect you will get a pretty good response from the BLF community.

I agree, i bought a Keygos M10 and the spring fell off after i inserted a battery the first time, i contacted the seller and they sent me a new head, so i figure when i get a soldering iron i’ll use two different LEDs (one in each head) and consider them interchangeable.

I'll keep you all up to date. They are on holiday now, and I am going to give them one last chance when they get back.

Each kit was in a bag, fully disassembled with all the parts rattling around together. These 3 bags were then wrapped in the thin foam sheet and taped, then put into a shipping bag…not padded.

One kit was complete and the reflector is fine. One kit had no lanyard/spare boot/o-rings and the reflector is scratched up. One kit had no lanyard/spare boot/o-rings but had 2 reflectors in it, one inside the other. The one that was cupped was protected, it’s fine…the other is scratched up.

Aside from that it appears that all components are present…1 screw for each.

A new one on me, and here I thought I’d seen it all…

That kinda makes 2 proper flashlights, with reflector and one host for a tripple :smiley:

Each kit had one body o-ring. One kit had the spare parts bag with lanyard, so I used the 2 o-rings in that to finish 2 of the kits. Then I dug out one of those lanyard sets from a light I’d bought before and finished the 3rd one. One of the insulation discs is missing. Other than that, perfect!

Oh, one of the emitter shelves is fairly badly gouged, scratched in a series like 15-20 strikes…not likely it happened in shipping. Couple of ano scratches on an edge here an edge there. Nothing major.

The lenses appear to be AR coated, they’re sandwiched with that cling plastic…just opened one up and yep, nice AR on both sides.

I’ll be tossing the reflectors in my kit anyway, will be using triple optics or the quad heat sink. So for me the shortcomings aren’t critical. If you didn’t already have some of this, or if you’re getting 100 of em like someone we know, then it’s a freaking mess!

I would never argue angainst that, just feeling lucky I didn’t order them. Planed to get 3 initially.
But it reminds me that it’s still a lottery sometimes and you’ll never know what you get. There is a certain percentage that fails anytime, can’t get around that.

Bracing myself for news as it happens.

Ill buy a few shells let me no when u have them

When I took the bag of the mailbox, I could hear everything loose inside.
I could hear metal parts clinking inside the bag.

Dirty ziplock inner bags, dusty enough to raise a few coughs.
Loose curls of metal scrap and the metal parts loose inside.
Dirty inside too.

Somebody’s workers work in that dusty an environment, that dust is on and inside the shipping bags?
Pity.

One screw. One screw hole.
More curls of metal where that screw hole was cut.
Inside both reflectors, lots of scratches and scrapes.

One shiny silvery metal washer in one bag; two of the same shiny metal washers in the other bag.
No shiny metal washer in the picture at the top of the thread. Hm? Part of the switch, maybe?
Little rectangle of double-sided foam tape, also not pictured at top of thread. Part of the switch?

One battery tube not too bad, the other dinged up on the panel where the logo would normally go, missing or thin anodizing maybe.
The rest of the stuff seems to be as expected.

Lanyard nice and clean in its own little bag along with extra tailcap button.

The little silver rings go on top of the rubber boot, the switch protrudes through it. The scrapes are probably aluminum from the reflectors, see if you can wipe it off with your thumb. The ano is very stout, it’ll act as sandpaper against aluminum and brass. The tape is the insulation disc for your emitter, so the reflector doesn’t gouge masking off the mcpcb and short out.

Make sure you solder the spring on the pcb first, do your wire bypass if you’re going to then. Last solder on the switch. This protects from melting the plastic switch body. :wink:

If you’ve got thin needle nose pliers or hemostats, clamp them on the leg from the switch…this will act as a heat sink and keep most of the heat from reaching the switch. Place a small bit of solder on the pcb first, then it just takes a quick touch to solder the switch on.

hank

At least you have full sets :slight_smile:

A missing middle body is quite an issue though- anybody knows if those are going to be better packed and/or will they appear again in the BG site?

Are we sure these aren’t all clones. Does anyone know if they have anything to do with eagle eye? Sounds to me like the X6 was a good torch so banggood get it cloned aka BLF X6, with all of these hosts being rejects. Seems like whoever is making these doesn’t seem to know how to treat a torch let alone make one.

One other thing, how come they only have one screw when the X6 has two?

Marc.

I guess the next step is to try to blow off all the little flakes of aluminum scrap and move the parts to clean bags.
The reflectors and lenses on my actual BLF lights had a lot of “dust” and were a pain to get clear blowing the stuff off with the canned air.

These two bags of parts have so much metal dust and small debris that I want to clean everything before trying to assemble with a driver so the stuff doesn’t get into the electronics.
No point building in all this garbage.

Someone ought to take a trip and inspect the working conditions, wherever these parts came from.
I know air quality is miserable in China, but the debris in these bags isn’t just airborne dust, it’s metal bits and reflector bits, and it’s on the inside and outside of the plastic bags — this isn’t just from the parts knocking around in the bag.

People are breathing this stuff over there.

I agree, i like to buy from china but every time i open a package and a stale disgusting industrial smell hits my nostrils i get a bad feeling like i am personally doing this to them :frowning: It is almost a relief when a package is not smelling bad now.