Replacing current keychain light (Fenix E01)

UPDATE: After reading great reviews, and seeing many recommendation, I decided to buy the ITP EOS A3 R5 Upgrade in Golden off of GoingGear for $20 shipped. Unfortunately, during my search, I was introduced to the awesomeness of AA battery flashlight, and now have a desire to buy a compact but powerful light to keep in my backpack along the ITP on my keychain. Thanks to everyone for their help!

---------------------------

I bought my Fenix E01 in black about 5 months ago, and I have decided that 10 lumens isn't exactly enough for me. It was mainly the looong battery life that attracted me.
I now need to upgrade my flashlight.

I am torn between the Trustfire XP-E F23 ($13), and the ITP A3 Eos R5 Upgrade ($20). Leaning more towards ITP despite price.

I would like to hear some opinions between these 2 lights, and possible other choices (multimode, small, decent battery life).

Thank you!

While the Trustfire is a really nice light, it's just too heavy for a keychain since it's SS as opposed to aluminum. It's also quite a bit larger as it's a tail clicky rather than a twisty. The ITP is probably better strictly in that role.

Another choice would be the Brinyte PD-03A, or the upcoming Tank007 BLF edition. The Tank007 is an AA battery flashlight, but quite workable on a keychain.

Between the 2 you mentioned I would clearly prefer the ITP since the Trustfire is way too heavy for a keychain.

Or take a look at this little fella: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/3027

Thanks for your replies. I think I will take out the Trustfire F23. Are there any other lower priced $20> lights worth looking at? Im considering Tank 007 TK703 now haha

Thanks!

I used to have a F23 on my keychain and I agree with the others: while very nice, it's just too heavy unless you have your keys attached to your belt or something. It will also scratch fairly easily. Nothing major, but still. I have no personal experience with the ITP. My current keychain light is a Skyray S1 and, after trying half a dozen keychain lights over the past year, frankly, I think the S1 is a keeper.

It may not be for you though: it's a single-mode twisty, I use 10440s and even though it's bright, battery life isn't exactly stellar. You may know the old adage: you use your handgun to fight your way to your rifle and that's exactly how I see it with regard to keychain lights - they are supposed to get the job done until I can safely get to a larger and more appropriate flashlight. That's why the S1 works for me.

The skyray s1 mentioned above is a really nice keychain light. I have both the ITP and Skyray. They are both pretty good lights. The skyray is a little thinner than the ITP and both have proven durable.

My current EDC is UltraFire SA-R1, which replaced my earlier F23.

I like the size and output, and it doesn't look ugly either.

Note that it's twisty. (I'm fine with that, especially because of smaller size)

=the=

The stainless lights are heavy. And imo the r5 hotspot is too large, the old q5 xp-e was better. http://www.amazon.com/ITP-Light-A3-EOS-Flashlight/dp/B002XYB8PW

Check the Xtar WK20. Pretty short run time on a CR123A, but I don't think theres is a brighter keychain torch.

The DQG does look pretty sweet.

Or, I would suggest you hang in there for the Tank007 E07 BLF Edition. We're expecting it to become available any one of these weeks.

I have the ITP A3 and the Maratac vs. I can't think of a better keychain light than the ITP. The splines are easier on key fobs and the knub is meant for this. Off the key ring, I like the Maratac better.

I want to try one of the E07's coming, but I doubt I would actually attach it to a key ring.

I have both the lights mentioned in the OP, but I use a red Black Cat as my keychain light. I like the throw of the Black Cat more than the flood of the iTp. My other set of keys has a light I bought from Boaz, the Nitecore EZ AA, with an XP-G in it.

As long as you get the newer iTP A3, with better UI (IMO, some like M-L-H) and higher PWM, it should be just perfect.

I´ve had it some time ago but I went nutZ and gifted it away. To be honest, a random guy gave me a very specific tip at car forum, that saved me ~600€...

At the moment I´m between two lights, have been a looong while, iTP or DQG!!

Now, that is the question.

Thanks for all the reply.

Whats the different between the XP-E, and XP-G of the older and newer ITP, aside from lumen rating.

xp-g is larger die and larger less bright spot. Too large and unfocused IMO if you need to illuminate anything more than a girly stone throw away.

+1 on the E07 or the Itp A3.