Resistor Mod- Roche Ls01 Question

Well I’m new to modding lights and I figured to get the ball rolling. I currently have a Roche LS01 which is crazy underwhelming. I just purchased the mt-g2/ nocitgon and was searching around for a decent driver. Not wanting to go the FET route I’ve searched everywhere and came across the resistor mod. There are two resistors on the buck driver; R200 and R300. From what I can understand is that you just solder on top of the existing resistors. My question is that I have researched many topics and still unsure how to go about the mod without fubar’ing it. That being said, I know it would be tedious but would it be better if I just removed the stock resistors and dropped new ones in? Or is it better to stack them. I’m looking to bring the current to about 4 Amps, any idea of what resistors are needed? I’ve tried the calculators but have been getting numbers that seem a bit weird.

UPDATE
Here’s what I’m getting from the stock settings

Voltage - .25
Current - 2.08
Resistance - .12
Power - .52

Soo… If I add a R240 on top of the stock R200 and a R240 on top of the stock R300

Voltage - .25
Current - 4.16
Resistance - .06
Power - 1.04

OR can I just take off the stock resistors and replace them with R120’s and get the same results as above?

Picture from said thread (OrionLight)

Topic of Reference Looking for high current driver for 2*18560 light (Roche LS01)

Thanks!

Hi,

yes, you can replace the resistors with other ones. It has the same effect if the resulting restistance is the same.

The Formula is V = I * R

0,25 = 2,08 * R <=> R = 0,25 / 2,08 = 0,12

This proves your measurements are correct. To calculate other currents just change the formula. Here for 4A current:

0,25 = 4 * R <=> R = 0,25 / 4 = 0,0625 Ohms

So 2x R120 and you are there.

Greetings

Kenjii

Thanks!

Is there a difference between stacking resistors vs removing the stock resistors and putting new resistors in place? As in longevity of the driver. Also are there any limitations to how hard a buck driver (this one in particular) can be driven?

Hi,

no, i don´t think there is a difference if you solder carefully. You can´t push a driver unlimited. At some point the coil will get into saturation and will not provide more current but heat. So keep the drivers cool for a long life expectation.

Greetings

Kenjii