[review] ASTROLUX EC01X - can it hit the very bold claims!!??!! 3065m pop can thrower!

Did you watch the first post, it was a review of the light.

1 Thank

I knew with a sub 70mm reflector (and what looks to be a rather ringy one at that) it could not possibly throw what was claimed.

And that cell, I have many reasons to doubt it is capable of pushing the SBT-90.2 to it’s potential, not to mention that it’s listed capacity is questionable. Liion cells have prerequisites, going very large is not conducive to providing mega power, and mass creates capacity so it doesn’t stand to reason that a cell that size would be so much higher capacity than a 32650… sure it’s bigger, but I’d have to see it live up to the claims before I’d believe it.

Interesting in concept though. I’d like to tie on to that SBT-90.2 and see just how many amps that cell is giving it…. and how long it stands up to that kind of draw.

All this testing was done extensively in the 10 years or so I invested so much time and effort into our hobby. Maybe they’re on to something… it’d sure be something new if so. :wink:

1 Thank

I also had the same heuristic argument when I first saw the specs, and sure enough the performance came nowhere close.

What exactly is Astrolux’s relation to BLF? This light seems to imply that they are no longer in collaboration. Back then they had a special batch of A01 (keychain lights) featuring the 219B in collaboration with BLF, but at some point they switched to a greener 219C and next-mode-memory driver with low frequency flicker, without updating anyone on the change. This scam is probably where things started going downhill for Astrolux…