[review] ASTROLUX EC01X - can it hit the very bold claims!!??!! 3065m pop can thrower!

ASTROLUX EC01X - can it hit the bold claims!!??!!

• 6800 Lumens
  • 3065m (2,350,000cd)
  • 32000mAh 46950 battery
  • 2 way Type-C port (power bank)
  • LUMINUS SBT90.2 LED

Great review.

1 Thank

They advertise 3065m of throw, but its measured max is 1334m. That’s only 43.5% of claimed throw.

Claimed candela was 2,350,000, but actual was 426,862. That’s only 18.2% of claimed intensity.

This makes me never want to buy an Astrolux flashlight. They’re completely full of s***. This is not even close to what they’re advertising.

3 Thanks

AKA the Mateminco MT-001

It’s aliexpress description shows the same erroneous specs, I wonder where they came from.

2 Thanks

Didn’t they have a similar situation with the MT-911 released a few months ago, where it didn’t even come close to the advertised specs?

It’s a bad look. They may think dishonest performance numbers will lead to increased sales (at least in the short-term) but the long-term damage to the brand may be greater, as consumers will remember that this is not a company to be trusted.

3 Thanks

It is a strange gamble advertising 3000m, but all companies seem to overrate the SBT90.2 output.

How are they supposed to make money if they dont lie a little. You think hotdogs labeled 100% beef are really 100% beef?

1 Thank

It seems that Astrolux is changing from reputable and likeable to absolutely dubious.

Did they need it so damn much?

2 Thanks

It may not be 100% beef but the ingredients are 100% all natural.

Lie a little? Look at their numbers and what they actually are. That’s a heck of a lot more than a little.

Hot dogs really do Not have anything to do with flashlights.

1 Thank

Mateminco marketing/product development meeting…

Marketing Manager: “So, what did research show the specs to be be for this new flashlight?”

Lead Engineer: “Testing showed 5300 Lumens at startup and about 420 kcd. We should use those.”

Marketing Manager: “That’s it? Are you shure?”

Lead Engineer: “Yes, we tested four samples and those were the best figures. We couldn’t get any better.”

Marketing Director: “Hmmmm. That’s not much better than the competition. We need to really stand out woth this one. After all, it has a 46950 battery! How about this: Let’s use the specifications from the MT90+ instead. Those are MUCH better. Buyers won’t know the difference, and when they question it, we can say those are ‘estimated’ and actual output varies.”

Marketing Manager: “Great idea boss! I’ll get the design team working on the ads and social media material right away!”

3 Thanks

Most of what happens in the world today is a lie. Matter of fact, we spend significant time every day trying to figure out the truth.

You watch the news, its a lie.
You read an advertisement, thats a lie.
The politicians tell you crime is down, thats a lie.
You buy broccoli that claims to be organic, thats a lie.
Manufacturer claims money back guarantee, thats a lie.
Your boss promised a raise, that was a lie.
Your enemy claims they will never launch another attack at you, that is a lie.
The hostage taker will release the hostages when the ransom is paid, we all know how that ends.

Everything around us is a big lie.

So we know we are being lied to continuously every day but we look the other way, except when it comes to candella from Astrolux.

For me, i expect the specs to be a lie so I rely on reviewers to check these things.

1 Thank

So basically what you are doing is justifying their lies?! There are some that do tell the truth. In a way you’re one statement was a lie. You said their specs were a little off!

3 Thanks

Why do we have laws and ordinances for things at all? Everything is a lie, so we might as well just get rid of them. Let companies deliver 18 percent of what they claim to. Sounds perfectly reasonable.

3 Thanks

Merely stating the facts. Its unfortunate the world we live in is the way it is.

Thats where the idea of an educated consumer comes from. As you can see, consumers need to be educated today to be able to differentiate between fact and fiction.

We all knew the Astrolux numbers were bogus before the reviews proved they were.

TBH most flashlight companies post turn on measurements as there ANSI specs.
3000m is a bit extreme though. I think the 2000 lumens MF02 was also specced at 3000 lumens a few years back which was controversial at the time.

I have the MF02 and I love it. It does not matter to me if it was rated by the manufacturer to be 8000 or 80,000 lumens.

Performance is based on your environment and use case, not to mention the exact batteries you are using.

Manufacturers make all kinds of claims to make sales. Read the reviews, watch the videos and make no assumptions about the manufacturer specifications.

At some point in your life, you are going to realize its a dog eat dog world out there and you are not in Kansas anymore and you are in fact surrounded by lions, and tigers, and bears. When that event occurs in your life, come back and update this post so others can learn.

Oh My

1 Thank

OK, I think everyone is fighting about something that they essentially agree on. Something is wrong with the manufacturer’s claims about this light, and unfortunately it’s not an isolated case in the flashlight world or in the business world in general. Act on this information and make or change your personal buying decisions as you see fit, but please don’t argue about it here.

2 Thanks

We have dealt with Chinese lumens for a long time. And we have dealt with liion cells that declared ridiculous capacity. Nothing new here.

Reviews will show us what the light does , we will put our money down ( or not) accordingly.

As usual.

The only real difference is that I will not be trying to MAKE it do what they said it can!

:sunglasses: