Review: Convoy M1 XM-L T6-3C 2.8A 2-Group 3/5 mode

The M1 is throwy for its size but by no means is it a thrower. If you we’re looking for a pocket sized light the size of a p60 host but with a little more throw then this might be good. If you want a small thrower to fit in a jacket pocket give a V3 a look. I will edit with a link in a bit.

Ordered (same config as reviewed) on Friday, shipped on Saturday! (im)patiently waiting… :slight_smile:
Thanks JohnnyMac for spending more of my money :wink:

It amazes me how some members go out of there way to help others. I haven't worked out if JonnyMac is a really really nice guy helping others or one of these types that will do anything to spend other peoples money.

So, the M1 is bigger and “throwier” than the M2?I must say that I like the looks of the M2 better.Mabey I should order the M1 with the U2 and get the M2 with the T6-3C.I tend to like my short range floodier lights with a warmer tint.Thanks for the review JM.Oh yes, are the pills between the two lights the same?-Rick

Got my M1 and I'm blown away with the quality. I can't see prices staying this low for too long.

The M1 has a bigger spill than the M2, on this thread somewhere:

If you like the form factor and want flood there is the original form factor the shadow VG10 which puts out a wide spill and is nice and floody, costs a little more though. Fairly easy to mod, seems brighter than the 2.15A the stock driver puts out.

Very sweet, FastTech is now selling a DIY M1 (as well as the other models) - http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10002463/1277400-convoy-m1-diy-edc-led-flashlight-host

I ordered the Convoy M2 Cree XM-L U2-1B 2-Group 3/5-Mode LED Flashlight, although can not figure out how to change the modes? any help from anyone would be great. I tried double clicking but it remains in the 5 mode option. I am trying to put it in the 3 mode option ? thanks for the great review BTW made me buy one !

Switch to low mode. After a few seconds the light will turn off for a split second. It's at that point that you turn the light off, and when you turn it back on you will be in the next mode group.

I did switch to low mode, and indeed the light flickered off for a moment. so I clicked the light off completely, although when I am still in 5 mode option weird… any ideas?

Did you switch the light off when the LED was still turned off? You have to do it right after you see it turn off.

Good question. Don’t switch it the instant it winks out in low. Let it wink off then back on then give the switch a quick off & on. It should end back up in the 3-mode group.

Oh whoops, I gave him bad advice then. I only attempted to switch mode groups once, and it worked after flipped it off the instant I saw it turn off. I didn't even play around with it after that.

You guys are great, what you told me johnnyMac worked perfectly now I can rid of those two annoying strobe and sos modes. Thank you very much, because of seeing your review of this light was the main reason why I purchased it! Amazing for the price! it almost compares to my much more expensive streamlight protac hl. Thank you very much I will be following you for future budget purchases :slight_smile:

Happy to be of service. :slight_smile:

I received mine a few days ago, and it’s great. I like the Convoy line, two models and counting for me. JM, thanks for the review :face_with_monocle:

About the switch type, is it forward click or reverse click?

Reverse

Thank you JM for the info, great review :smiley:

I have a question, you access the group switch by turn on the flashlight on low mode and it will blink after 4 seconds right? so does it always blink when you turn on the light after 4 seconds in low mode? if it so don’t you think this is annoying ??