Review: Convoy S2 2800mA U2 1B from Fasttech

Good review Bort. Nice writing and photos.

Can somebody point me to the right usb programmer for flashing the driver please? Thanks!

ok thanks! i didnt have anything to compare it to except a 150 lumen light and a friends 272 lumen mini mag and it is brighter than both of those.

i might be the guinea pig and give them a try.

i got a custom star firmware, its going to be 90 seconds. but if i add 7135 chips to make it 3.3a or 3.6a, 90 seconds might be to long. i need to get the flashing tools to experiment. i have a usbasp flashing tool for a turnigy 9xr transmitter, but im unsure if that will work. i need to get a eeprom clip to find out.

i think this is the one http://www.fasttech.com/product/1002900-atmega-attiny-51-avr-isp-usbasp-usb-programmer

wow! i need you to come to my house and make me get off my lazy butt……lol i have tons of stuff to do today like, mow the grass, and i dont want to do none of it…lol

i’m happy to visit, i can even purchase a chinese stun gun, i bet DX will have some for sale, i hear they can be quite motivating j/k J)

I have the opposite problem, i have so much to do that its going to take months to years to finish it, though i also have motivation issues, i just end up forcing myself to start

lol! dont tell my wife that she might get one…lol. i also have years of stuff to do and finish stuff that i started years ago….lol

I have different turbo timeout times on my STAR builds…

I built a small 16340 Ultrafire 602B, w/ a 4*7135, there is almost NO pill, very very thin, and even running a XP-G2 at 1400mA, the light gets hot fast, the Convoy has a little bit more meat and doesn’t heat up as fast…I think I have it set for turbo timeout fallback at 60 seconds (I think I am going to reverse the H>L though…have it start in L>H, this way the kids don’t get it and immediately fire it up wide open…uggh

The only lights I like to fire up in High first click are my “bump in the night” sock the badguy in the puss with as many lumens I can muster on first click, but have turbo timeout to fall back to a more reasonable level so as to not overheat

if i get woke up by a bump in the night from a badguy, i will sock him in the puss with high lumens followed by xxx buckshot…… :bigsmile:

Exactly…but positive identification of a target BEFORE you send rounds downrange is paramount…otherwise that $18K bill attached to every bullet you shoot comes into play

I send flying ashtrays :smiley:

if i get woke up and there is someone in my home besides me and my wife thats positive identification there is a lunatic in my house.

Unless you have teens that might have “snuck out”

Positive ID…
then if a threat…judicious application of marksmanship :wink:

Thats why i would use a flashlight, far less lethal but quite disabling, the Convoy M1 would work quite well

:smiley:

Let’s quit side tracking this awesome review…maybe we should start our own thread :stuck_out_tongue:

it sure is, bort did a fantastic job.

i would like to start my own thread but not a defense thread, but an s2 or s series mod thread where everyone can show there mods. i just got through modding my s8 with noctigon sink and qlite driver with star fw off-time mem running at 3.74a. it is noticeably brighter…… :slight_smile: i wish i had a way to check lumen output… :frowning:

going off topic is par for the course on BLF, so i don’t mind, i thought it was funny i was mentioning another Convoy light on a review for a different Convoy light