Review: Convoy S6 (XIAOZHI clone) from Fasttech. XM-L T5-5C (with tint comparison)

The tint looks sweeet! I think that beamshot was enough to convince me to grab one of these.

For anyone that has the S6/Xiaozhi and the Roche F12, which has a nicer beam?

gary, we call it tarmac….

edit, macadam was the Scottish guy who invented the concave cross section for drainage with hardcore base for strength :wink:

Review has been updated with outdoor beamshots and pictures of the Fasttech clip on the light. The updates were made to post #2.

XIAOZHI !

CONVERT FLASHAHOLICS ^^^^^^

Thanks a lot for the review! Frontpage’d and Sticky’d.

the XM-L T5-5C version which is spec’ed 675 lumens with a 3700-4000k tint. For comparison in tints, the light is quite a bit warmer than my

I bought two S6es with different tints and different reflectors. I’ll post up pictures of each for comparison.

XML T5-5C SMO Reflector
XML2 U2-1A OP Reflector

I’m also interested to see if the NCR18650B I just bought will fit or not. I have my doubts, but we’ll see.

I have my doubts. I just tried a 2200mah sanyo unprotected in it, and it barely fit. None of the protected Xtars I’ve tried work- the 2600 and 3100 mah.

The flat top Panasonic NCR18650B that I purchased from Cobb Carpet fit perfectly. I believe these actually have some protection if not a PCB.

Big thanks for posting the beamshots—now I know the T5 5C I was planning on
buying—is waaaay too warm a tint for my liking.
Saved from a product return

thanks for the review, the clip is good idea…go to wishlist

I got an s6, but mine doesn’t tailstand because the boot is too proud. Is there a shorter one that is known to work?

I can’t say for sure, as I haven’t switched out the boots. I haven’t heard anything that I can remember though.

Is there an 18350 tube for this light? Does the tube for the S2+ fit? Doesn’t look like it with the arrangement of those o-rings