Review: Crelant V9CS

ok, thks.

Is the printing on the box incorrect…….5 lumen for just 39 hrs? Most 18650 lights can easily put out 5 lumen for >100 hrs.

I dont think so neither does the 300m range seems accurate too

I had an email from Crelant this morning - seems that they are discontinuing the V9CS light - when it’s gone, as they say, its gone. So if you want one, get it now. Or wait till the old stock is heavily discounted :wink:

Interesting. Wonder if they have something even newer coming out then? Seems it was a short lived light.

I’m just thinking and I’m still all new to this. Let’s say this light or any light from China eventually gets discontinued and I need replacement parts, a bezel, a lense, tailcap etc…do companies even sell replacement parts, not all companies that I’ve seen online??? And I don’t mod, not yet anyways. Am I SOL?

Very difficult to get replacement parts in my experience, though I've only tried on a couple. You can often find internal parts to fit, but the cosmetic ones like a bezel or cap much harder.

Chicken Drumstick - excellent review!

I do believe this is being discontinued. MD Lightsource is discounting the light and several other models in anticipation of the new Crelant line coming out. I ordered the khaki V9T6 yesterday, and because they were sold out, Mark was gracious enough to honor the purchase by upgrading me to the V9CS for the same price and free shipping! That is almost 1/2 off the list price. Class move and way to get return business.

why would they discontinue this light? it’s awesome…

yea they are discontinuing it, im having issues with mine and I contacted Crelant and they said they are discontinuing and going to send me a new light coming out

How the regulation on this V9CS? I read somewhere that there is no regulation on 18650 li-ion for this light……is it true?

yes it’s true…doesn’t bother me much…my sunwayman t20cs has no regulation on a 18650…in practice I don’t notice it so it doesn’t bother me…

Hi, C-Drumstick. Good review, thanks for the effort.
I received my Crelant 7G2CS yesterday, and already I’m loving it. It’s my first Crelant and I like the heft, build , UI and overall feel of it.
The only laughable thing about it is the 57Kcd/300M claim on the side of the box :stuck_out_tongue: . I wonder where that came from….

Thanks.
It looks high quality and well made for the price. Will see what improvement Crelant made to their newer version.

I think I will be buying a V9CS in the near future but I’m having hard times choosing between U2 Cool and T6 Neutral White versions. How’s the tint on your U2 CW emitter, on your eyes. I don’t want a blue light.

Yep no regulation as far as I can tell or found out on 18650’s. That said I can’t say it’s all that noticeable by eye as li-ion have a fairly flat discharge curve when compared to batteries like alkalines. Also I don’t tend to run my batteries all that flat (usually recharge at 3.4 - 3.6v) so any lumen loss is minimal IMO.

I can see no blue at all just white. Although I don’t have an NW to compare too, but def no blue.

I think this is true of any light out of production, be it Chinese, American or what ever. Once it’s out of production there will only be limited parts supply.

That said should you really be losing things like a bezel or tailcap? I’m sure with enough effort you’d be able to get a bit of glass to reaplce the lens should you need to and the switch boot is similar to many other lights and you get a spare with the light. As for the inerds, I guess you’d just have to treat it as a modification custom build should you need to replace the LED or driver, but both are accessible.

I have tested almost all models of Crelant flashlights and that humming/whining sound is more loud some of V31A and V11A and only very few of V9CS and 7G2CS. I ordered big quantityes of this models.
Seems like that sound doesent affect the flashlights in time. i am using them intense since 2 months ago and still works fine.

it bothers me, mine seems like the brightness drops significantly in a short time

Disappointed to hear that regulation drops out in such a short time. Though I like the looks of this Crelant light and the price is good, I might just give it a miss.

I tried my V9CS on 2xRCR’s for the first time. I know from other Crelant models that they offer good regulation with this power source vs no regulation on 18650’s.

However it also seems a lot brighter on 2xRCR (I have no way to measure, just visual opinion). Tail cap current says 1.2’ish amps. Which is lower than on the 18650. However as there are two cells does this mean something different?

mine looks about the same to my eye