Review: Eagle Eye X6 (1x XM-L2, 1x 18650)

I suppose we should have a poll of some sort for that thread too.

I dunno…what would the options be? Might be too many…

BLF Edition Eagle Eye X6 GB here.

Would someone please post a side by side picture with a convoy c8?

Is there a driver picture anywhere?
I am sure I have seen it but can’t find it anymore…

Nice review.

Werner - picture of driver in this review thread here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/27173

What are you talking about? Since when is 'more floody' synonymous with 'better'? I often use moonlight mode in throwers for 10 to 30m range. Ideally, there would be something like the stars for selecting options individually.

I believe that the majority here who like any particular function you'd care to mention already have a better light for that purpose. Further throw, wider flood, longer run time on medium, etc.

Doesn't matter, the star and driver will need to be replaced anyway to get Noctigon and correct mode order. I wish they would sell just the host. Such a waste of money on extra parts and assembly costs.

If you use moonlight in several throwers often, then I don't think you are among the "majority" of typical moonlight users. I could be wrong, but usually when I hear people describe what they use moonlight for, its usually close up stuff. Flood is generally preferred for close up stuff. Personally Ive never wished I had moonlight in a thrower. But im sure some can find a use for it.

My suggestion about modes were made to make it appeal to a larger audience.

I agree about the host part. Id like to be able to buy host only if possible. Preferably without any logo/writing. That would be great!

When flashlights were on or off.

All the talk about drivers, is asking the factory to put the emitter on a Noctigon not an option?

Noctigons are a proprietary product from Intl-Outdoor. Not likely one Chinese manufacturer will buy from another to build lights. Don’t know. Guess it wouldn’t hurt to ask right?

Convoy C8 is left side in all shots. Right click open in new tab for a bigger pic.

Instead of A, you get 10, because why not. :slight_smile:

Also, like Tom linked: Review: Eagle eye X6 UPDATED: Lumens & lux after driver mod and heat handling Ledsmoke did a great job with the breakdown, which is mostly why I refrained from taking comprehensive breakdown shots in my dark room(under construction). Extremely well-built, quality budget light. If they can get some more amps running through it stock then I believe it would be one of the best sub-$30 flashlights in my collection.

Nicely done!

Well bad news, there is absolutly no way to remove the blinkies by grounding pins / shorting caps, one interesting thing tho, I did find one of the 10 pins on the MCU (what I would call 9 if numbered like an ATTiny from the dot) that makes it have a ton of extra modes, strange.

oh well…

Like, what kind of modes??
SOSSSSSOSS, BLLLFFF?

No just several extra constant output levels that arnt even visable much different from each other and several more strobes that are all about the same speed, it’s not like new levels, just about 3-4 times more of the same ones already there, its a very strange pin lol.

Wow thanks.
By the way: the German word for flashlight is Taschenlampe which translates: Tasche=pocket lampe=lamp. This thing is a bit smaller than a c8 so it deserves this name…

With the help of the great folks here on the forum, via the BLF17DD FET driver, my Eagle Eye X6 is now pulling 6.62A from an Efest 35A cell and making 1556 lumens.

:bigsmile:

WOAH!
Damn you don’t mess around.

For too many years I drove a truck at a local lumber yard delivering building materials. The diesel engine was governed to run 62 mph, hills would bog it to 45 mph and there was not a thing I could do about it. I spent many hours a day with my foot on the floor in that crazy truck. And glad I was driving a stick, the automatics ran 55 mph.

Still running with my foot on the floor it would seem.

:slight_smile:

Edit: Maybe I should charge that cell and see what it does on a full charge…