Review: Eagle Eye X6 (1x XM-L2, 1x 18650)

Pretty usable spill, with the balance skewed towards throw. Especially de-domed, where mine is now making 60Kcd for 490M throw range estimated.

If unknown doesn’t mind, I’ll get a beamshot tonight and post it….

Thanks for the review.

Why a "moon" mode guys? What one earth would you ever use it? Too low for a nightlight or to illuminate a room, I just don't get it. Is it just cause it looks cool or something? I'm just trying to figure it out. The only time I use a flashlight is to "see something". Moonlight doesn't let me see anything. A 20% low mode might. What is 2% useful used for?

^ definitely a usable spill. You can see a hanging tree limb in the upper left hand corner of my beamshots. It’s about 5 yards away. It paints a little story about the spill, but you really have to look closely.
I took mine out last night to patrol the backyard and around the chicken coups. Searching for the coyote that tried to get a turkey the other night. The X6 makes for nice light to hold side by side a 1911.

Anyway, feel free to post your beamshot. :slight_smile:

Can anyone measure the PWM rate on these?

This is a 60m beamshot of mine taken in my standard beamshot location.

Here’s a post with that shot vs. a few others.

Just glowing the LED could be used camping so you could leave it on all night, and easily find it if needed during the pitch black without adversely effecting the batteries too much? Hang it in the tent maybe. Add a glow oring and it would likely stand out well.

No idea, Im just spit balling really.

Reading a map in the car at night without destroying night vision
Raiding the fridge at 2AM without waking up the wife
Making it the fridge at 2AM without stepping on any lego’s

That’s all I can think of at the moment that I use it for. Don’t usually engage the moon mode to be honest as I like a decent low instead. If it’s lower than a button cell keychain light, then use the keychain light. My M6 triple has a low under 1 lumen. Get’s in the way in actuality as it’s easy to think you’ve turned it off when it’s still glowing slightly. Have to look into the lens to be sure it’s off. PITA

I’ve tried every resistor I have and I can not change the current any (measuring emitter current @ 2.1A)
Anyone got any suggestions?

Ok got it with a 0805 (instead of whatever larger size it is) using an R056!

edit= I removed one of the stock 140 resistors and replaced it with a R056, didnt change / add anything to the other side .Results are 990Lm and 20kCd at 3.25A, this is what I was hoping for so I could get over an hour on high on one cell and not have to worry about heat so I can hand the light to anyone without any caution. The only other change was braided springs (head and tail) and a noctigon.

Nice! I do believe this is what I shall do to mine as well. Hopefully I have similar resistors. Did you sand down your noctigon any to maintain the snug reflector/bezel fit?

No sanding, I did however use one of the “wings style” centering rings, as usual I sand part that sticks up into the reflector down so its just enough to do its job but you cant see any white reflection in the reflector looking straight down.

I use moonlight most of the time indoors, even quite a bit outdoors. 20% isn't low, eat your carrots.

If we're going to start justifying our purchases we might as well pull the plug on the server right now.

Absolutely, 20% is not at all low, even 5% is to high to be useful as a true moon mode. For me .5Lm is about perfect, I have several lights with lower modes and I don’t find them useful but on everything but dedicated high power lights (my SRK other heavy flooders and my throwers) I would much prefer a .5 - 1Lm low for general use, it’s not going to add much light outdoors under the full moon/ street lights but indoors or in true darkness a couple lumens are all you need to navigate around and work just fine.

Ten years ago if a light did 60Lm on high it was bright, now days these companies try to call ~40Lm “low”, it may be the lowest the light goes but 30-40Lm is a lot of light.

It may be similar to the C8 but 2 a few things, its much better quality, its smaller and easier to pocket (yet still makes a nice throwy beam) plus what flashaholic says “oh I already have one light with a beam like that, guess I dont need any more”? lol

The smaller size really attracts me. Too many times I found C8 type lights too large to be comfortable in pants pocket. This is a little smaller head, more curved profile than C8, and it is way shorter!
A great size between P60 and C8.

+1 :stuck_out_tongue:
It does have a similar beam pattern compared to a C8 with an OP reflector, but the X6 has vastly better build quality and finish. Which is why I’ll probably gift my convoy C8, but still keep my Tangsfire C8 (SMO). Which isn’t to say that a convoy C8 is a bad light, just that the X6 is a very good light.

+1. Yeah let’s have a GroupBuy :smiley:

Neil is checking with factory to see if any improvements can be made first.

Krono looks like he's work'n on the GB for this - I'm definitely in, but looks like 50-50 chance for glued bezel - not happy with that... Just got a Warsun X60 in today from BG - perfect condition. Warsun's have the poor pill top Cry -- can anyone confirm this X6 has a good designed pill top? I see it's a screwed down star, so they put the extra time/money into it.

Requests:

• try to be sure no glue!
  • straight 3 mode driver
  • more power scotty Smile
  • can it be made to tailstand?
  • copper star, direct thermal path?

Ok, here's my take. I use it all the time in walking around the house when everyone else is in bed - least disturbing, and I don't have to switch lights on/off all over. I can then set in on my nightstand and have enough light to get ready for bed but not wake up the better half. I also use it bringing out the garbage, walking around the yard, again, so I don't have an intense light disturbing neighbors, etc. (my neighbors are freaked out enough from my outdoor tests already). Though haven't done any camping in years, I could see it would come in handy to provide just enough light in a tent or walking to the bathrooms without bothering anyone, but if you hear a nearby growl, hit the button couple of times and get a blinding 5000 lumens lighting up the place like daylight! Also I like having one light that that can be grabbed for anything - intensely blinding, and a low-low. That said, of course the UI's aren't typically ideal for easy access to these modes, accept lights like the TN31 or K40 where you can preset the mode you want, then turn it on, or the new e-switch firmware ("Werner UI") where you got 1 click to low, one long click to high.

In most of my lights, 5-6% is just too much light for many of these circumstances. Of course some moonlights are just too low, like my ThruNite T10's low mode - really not enough light to see well where you are walking, or when you got the LED just glowing... Looks cool but totally impractical.