Review: Eagle Eye X6 (1x XM-L2, 1x 18650)

… with what I’m reading about this light.

If anyone is counting, I’m in on a GB!

At less than $20 delivered, waiting on a group buy to get one is actually kind of silly. They can’t sell em for much lower, as evidenced by the 100 count price.

Go for it, you won’t be disappointed!

Well, if the group buy model is different with the better modes, more amps stock, and an unglued head, then it most certainly does make sense to wait on the GB.

I have one of these lights and can vouch for the incredible build quality as well, but I will be waiting to see what specs they finally arrive upon and then will be buying more for gifts and for backup.
Thanks,
Keith

I just got mine last week, no glue used on it.

I didn’t even measure output before I modded it. Oops! Sorry! I wasn’t feeling well coming home from our vacation and kind of fell into modding the light by force of habit I guess. Shouldn’t do that, I know.

And that’s a good point. If the subtle changes are made to make this an even better, more user friendly light, then indeed it will be worth waiting for. At least a couple extra’s for gifts, Christmas will be upon us before you know it! :wink:

Yes, people should be more vocal. BG is inquiring about moon mode when it isn’t even a majority vote at this stage. I’m happy to buy whatever gets the majority vote whether that be what I want or not. Speak up!!

We’ll see what Neil comes up with…although you are right Dale…this light is a bargain the way it currently is.

tom e said it perfectly regardings the moonlight mode. just saved me lots of typing.
i love me some very low moonlight mode lights

Is there an easy way to disable the blinkies? If I could solder a ground to a pin and kill those two blinkies off I’d be happy with it just like it is. The resistor swap was easy enough, 4.5A is excellent. :slight_smile:

Not that I’m against sticking an BLF17DD in it and running it at 6A…

I know right, its just a shame to swap out such a good stock driver with off time memory and easy to resistor mod.

I’m working on that now, I’ve tried shorting out different caps with no success, I’ll try MCU pins tomorrow, I’m really hoping its possible, that alone would make the light nearly perfect, or as close to it as an $18 light can be.

This is progressing nicely, so we need to come to some sort of concensus on modes. Perhaps I should start a new thread on this?

Yes - probably should start a separate thread on this group buy. Guess ideally, moonlight mode should be optional? Smile Strong feelings both ways. I know regular users/friends who also have no use for moonlight mode, so I do understand the other side. Also, many users feel turned off by over complicating the UI with too many modes.

For my personal use, I'm swapping the driver anyway, but I'm also interested in the best the stock driver can be. I already got others interested in this light and am telling them to hold off til the GB goes down. I'm liking RaceR86's mode/driver proposal too, post #76. That setup would be great. The low is pretty darn low and keeps it a simple 3 mode. Also, sounds pretty do-able for the vendor.

OK…I’ll create a separate interest thread and post the link here later.

I suppose we should have a poll of some sort for that thread too.

I dunno…what would the options be? Might be too many…

BLF Edition Eagle Eye X6 GB here.

Would someone please post a side by side picture with a convoy c8?

Is there a driver picture anywhere?
I am sure I have seen it but can’t find it anymore…

Nice review.

Werner - picture of driver in this review thread here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/27173

What are you talking about? Since when is 'more floody' synonymous with 'better'? I often use moonlight mode in throwers for 10 to 30m range. Ideally, there would be something like the stars for selecting options individually.

I believe that the majority here who like any particular function you'd care to mention already have a better light for that purpose. Further throw, wider flood, longer run time on medium, etc.

Doesn't matter, the star and driver will need to be replaced anyway to get Noctigon and correct mode order. I wish they would sell just the host. Such a waste of money on extra parts and assembly costs.

If you use moonlight in several throwers often, then I don't think you are among the "majority" of typical moonlight users. I could be wrong, but usually when I hear people describe what they use moonlight for, its usually close up stuff. Flood is generally preferred for close up stuff. Personally Ive never wished I had moonlight in a thrower. But im sure some can find a use for it.

My suggestion about modes were made to make it appeal to a larger audience.

I agree about the host part. Id like to be able to buy host only if possible. Preferably without any logo/writing. That would be great!