Review: Imalent DM21 XML2 Flashlight with Control Ring (lumens, runtimes, and bad jokes)

Cool, Let me know how they differ- when you’re not sick. Sorry man!

Great, thanks!

I think I read somewhere production models will have a triple-tap lockout. I wonder if it also locks out the wheel so you can’t accidentally change light level while it’s off…

i am sure its a analog potentiometer that works like a sense dimmer….

Great video review as always.

Thanks! Looks like there’s a few places where it’s in stock for some decent prices.

It looks like there is a very slight delay when turning on the light. Is there that same delay when trying to access the instant strobe by holding into switch?

Yep… there is a slight delay. It’s also present when activating the strobe. Didn’t bug me though- I was purposefully tapping it quickly to illustrate it.

ok thank you. the delay on the instant strobe might bug me a bit. takes a bit out of the tactical ness

It is a short 10 min video, I planned on only watching half (as previously mentioned I don’t normally like video reviews) and watched the whole thing. Well done.

The sci-fi nerd part of me does think that holster is one of the coolest flashlight holsters ever. The practical part of me thinks I’ll break it within a few weeks.

It’s just a fraction of a second, but not totally instantaneous

Looks like several people are buying the light, so we’ll begin to see how well it’s built. Thanks again!

since there are so many good reviews here i will try to lay focus on the differences to show how imalent has reacted on the fieldtest of Rev 1 :wink:

Thanks! I’m curious to find out.