REVIEW IMALENT DX80 COMPLETE.

You and I know those pics don’t do it justice! In real its just way brighter.

[/quote]

yeah its my old phone 1.3 megapixel camera

You mentioned your X80 paled in comparison to the DX80. It's surprising because X80 is rated at 25,000 lumens. Normally 25,000 to 32,000 should not be such a big jump to the eye, but I read somewhere lately and I am not sure if this is true, that the Acebeam X80 true lumens is about 19,800 so if that is true, that would explain the jump a little.

the main difference is in the throw and type of light output , im no flashaholic so i cant describe it adequately

heres a good one , watch from 3.13 min Imalent DX80 Vs. Acebeam X80 Vs. Olight SR95SUT - YouTube

That was a better video. Imalent is not cheating on their lumens that's for sure. The dx80 really is a lumen monster. High is already crazy bright and then comes turbo........ it's just insane. I also tested voltage after charging on my DVM and it was 16.70 and the oled on the dx80 was displaying 16.8, so close enough for me.

insane YES thats the word , INSANE

bad thing about the DX is the weight

my X80 fitted in my pocket and WOULDNT pull my pants down

its the approx size and weight of a can of coke

the UI was bad , hold down the button till you got the light output you wanted

But it's heavy for good reason. I know what I intend to use it for, so for me it serves it's purpose. My wife, friends and I in summer go for long night walks in the forest when it's warm up here, and having the dx80 in my hand wouldn't bother me at all but I know what you mean. If I was crawling up rocks at night for instance, it would be too inconvenient to have it in my hand so I would just throw it in my backpack and use my headlamp for that purpose. Really, this light is still more for thrills than anything else.

you know you can loop the lanyard over the head to carry it like a handbag ?

>> this light is still more for thrills than anything else. <<

YES !!!

but im in Johannesburg - no areas near me with no streetlights GRRRRR

where you ?

I already cut the steel lanyard holder on the tail end as it just didn't look right! I'll find a better way of attaching my own custom lanyard one day. Right now I'm in Oregon.

yes that piece of wire is a disgrace on such a fine piece of engineering , i emailed imalent to complain about that

plz let me know if you manage to replace the lanyard , i tried but the space between the 2 holes and tailcap is tiny

I have put a small piece of heatshrink over the steel lanyard,heating it to shrink,and then I put it again in its place,so there is not danger to “wound” the anodisation.

we were more annoyed that its DARN UGLY , i never thought of the anodisation LOL

For anyone interested, I found these two pics slightly exposing the battery pack if the tail cap is removed.

got the pics from here link

[quote=klrman]

For anyone interested, I found these two pics slightly exposing the battery pack if the tail cap is removed.

i dont follow - are you posting them with reference to the lanyard clip ?

Those are the only pics in this thread of the battery pack. I assume klrman is just being helpful.

There are some pics from TLF, but we can’t get them to show up here.

I’m still curious about the heatsink they use on top of the driver. If anyone has pics of that, please post it. Thanks

[quote=JasonWW]
Those are the only pics in this thread of the battery pack. I assume klrman is just being helpful.

i am referring to our previous discussion about the ugly steel ring so i wonder if he was referring to replacing it by removing the tail cap

, I just wanted to post the battery pack pics because it was asked about earlier in this thread.

JasonVW, the only heatsink pic I can find is the one they have on their website which is this one

oh sorry my apologies

that cheap steel lanyard ring pisses me off SO much LOL

Some more battery pis: http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/media/albums/imalent-dx80.2062/