REVIEW IMALENT DX80 COMPLETE.

I posted that same pic a long time ago. (in the GB thread or maybe the interest list thread)

It seems no one has actually taken one apart, yet. Maybe for fear of losing their warranty?

I wanted a good look at the seals that keep the water out of the electronics (since the heatsink is between the driver and mcpcb).

I just found out that Astrolux has decided to build an active cooled light. The MF05. I wonder if it will be sized like the DX80?

Nice, thanks for that. When I look at those pics, I wonder how they can monitor each individual cell for voltage like they said they could. I think it's time someone removes the blue wrap and look at the guts of it.

I'm very curious too, but not sure I want to take it apart yet as Imalent does give us a 5 year warranty. I put my name down for the MF05. I wonder if the MF05 is going to have just a super efficient mini fan on top of the heat sink. May not be waterproof if they do that I would think, but I'm very interested.

I think they said it can only monitor the 2 groups of 4. So 16v on one group and 16v on the other group. Like that. Where did they say it monitors each of the 8 cells?

Ps, I’m forgetful. :disappointed:

Where blue plastic is molten, that’s where something went wrong with the battery. This is how you monitor each cell, hehe. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry about that, I'm forgetful, Imalent said group monitoring of voltage, you're right.

The fan may not be waterproof, but the driver and mcpcb have to be. So the wiring has to have seals around it.

The only true and tried method that is known to work!

Hopefully soon the specs and some pics will be posted on the MF05 group buy thread. I bet Imalent is already developing something like that too. It's going to be a race to see who makes the better one. I built a few years ago 4 pc's for myself and my family and have a lot of extra fans lying around. When I look at them, how hard can it really be to make a high end, low watt, efficient fan for a flashlight? Driver could be programmed to just have the fan kick in on turbo mode only as well. Active cooling sounds special for flashlights, but most probably it will just be a little fan on top of a heat sink.

i bought a second DX80 , heres a pic of both on turbo

Nice pic, yes, their really bright! I've been thinking of getting a second one as a gift for my brother. Where he lives in the mountains, it's going to make his day.

oh im not keeping the 2nd one , i bought it for our cemetery - it keeps getting vandalised at night . ive asked the security guards to take some beamshots for me cause its pitch black there

you mean to say : it’s going to make his night day

When he first lights it up, he will think the sun rose early.

I was at my brothers house today in the sticks and when I switched the DX80 on turbo, he was just blown away. The funny thing is that since I have used it a few times already, while I was showing it off to him I was quietly thinking to myself "32,000 lumens is not too bad, but 200,000 lumens may just be the sweet spot". Just wondering to myself when the brightness addiction will go away.

some guy ( Vin ? ) made a 100 000 LM torch , water cooled i THINK

no this was the water cooled one Water Cooled 72,000 Lumen LED Flashlight!! - YouTube

I remember seeing that video last year and it got me thinking then as well about how many lumens is really enough? I think the answer could be that its never enough

its like money :smiley:

no money no honey