REVIEW IMALENT DX80 COMPLETE.

Fins add lots of surface area for convection but none for radiation.
The radiation surface, as far as surrounding space is concerned would be represented by a “shadowy” image of the form of the light.
I think :partying_face:

After thinking about this some more, this is only true in a vacuum
The real world is more complicated.

For efficient heat transfer you need to maximize the surface area AND a fan, it’s as simple as that.

Pressurized water mist system, of course. Lol

No, not that simple. There are much more efficient ways to transfer heat than lots of surface area and a fan.

If we just stick to convectiin cooling we still have different surface area shapes, fin efficiency, fan speeds, air restrictions, metals used, etc… that all play a factor in how well a fan cooled system works. Some fan cooled systems are junk, some are great. There’s a lot of science involved.

I think what your trying to say is that convection cooling can be more effective than radiant cooling alone. We both agree on that.

I want to build an actively cooled flashlight. It sounds like a lot of fun.

I stand corrected, it is a science.
But without plenty of surface area and a way to make plenty of air pass by (fan), it gets ridiculously complicated.
I also want to take part in creating an actively cooled flashlight, it’s the logical next step.

Αs in some “pushed” cars.They put water jets spreading water on the air to air radiators,even in the cylinders.

What is the throwing distance and real lumens of the Imalent DX80? Are these readings close to manufacturing specs? To me the 800 meter seems to high when comparing to Acebeam X80 flashlight. It does have definitely better throw when compare to X80 but I doubt the 800 meter max throwing distance.

What is the throwing distance and real lumens of the Imalent DX80? Are these readings close to manufacturing specs? To me the 800 meter seems to high when comparing to Acebeam X80 flashlight. It does have definitely better throw when compare to X80 but I doubt the 800 meter max throwing distance.

I publish all meditions when the head arrive. Its the second Part of the review

Thanks cannot wait to see the second part. I'm also in position of the Acebeam X80 and my Imalent DX80 will hopefully arrive in the first week of October. Looks like there is a small problem with the production of this DX80 light.

Yeah, bad drivers. Redesign is in works.

Hi. Why did u have to send the flashlight back to china? What modifications are they making? Should i wait for the newer version?

He just sent the head back. The mode spacing was all wrong. Imalent is making a new driver design. I don’t think anyone is currently selling them due to the driver issue. You’ll have to wait until the new driver is released. Version 2.0. Then they will be back for sale.

IMALENT DX80 Cree XHP70 LED Flashlight 32000 Lumens 806 Meters USB Charging Interface Torch Flashlight
http://s.aliexpress.com/YbAJVrUj
(from AliExpress Android)

They r still selling the dx 80 and a few others as well. That’s why i was asking if i should wait.

It depends if they are trying to get rid of the problematic 1st batch lights (naughty on their part) or just taking orders for when the newer 2nd batch is released in the near future.

Why would anyone want a defective light? Definetly wait until the new version is available.

What’s the cheapest price for a DX80 preorder currently?

The prices of the discount codes that exist are not allowed to be posted publicly.

Wonder why Imalent told me it came with shaved domes.

subscribed

That power supply seems a bit small for 40W?