Review: Jacob A60 XR-E thrower (1x18650) Pic Heavy

I don't remember my A60 reflector being plastic (I'm at work and can't check it now). Are they all plastic???

Great review Spas!

Thanks,
Garry

Excellent review,
The one on mine is plastic!

Imo, the A60 is one of the best deals out there. Amazing throw for such a inexpensive light. The reflector on mine is plastic as well. Great job Spas.

Great review SpasMod! I like the outdoor ‘studio’, mainly because you do not have 12” of snow covering it :wink:
I’ve been staying away from this light, mainly because of the small hotspot. I prefer a larger hotspot, typical of XM-L thrower lights. Awaiting beamshots.
I thought these had aluminum reflectors too; DX has it listed aluminum SMO, not sure if that is reliable though.

That was one excellent review!

Ok, in agedbriar's original A60 thread he states in the O.P. that the reflector is plastic. Perhaps I'm remembering wrong.

-Garry

Great review! Like the outdoor shots with green theme, and personalisation of the A60. Can’t wait for the beamshots :slight_smile:

I’m just wondering why at Aurabuy’s website there isn’t any mention that this is a Jacob A60, and the pictures do not show any Jacob A60 logo. But your pictures clearly show the logo.

I like my flashlights to have logo :bigsmile:

Hi tatasal, I would like to say it will fit but it might not. If it does go in there it’s going to be a very tight fit it looks like. I expect it will put a lot of pressure on the cell tip and most likely crush it.

Sorry I cannot be any more help, though I suspect one of these knowledgeable flashaholics will be able to answer your question.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. If this rain clears and there’s no mist tonight, I will get some beam shots done.

Thank you radiance.

Now you mention it, yes I see what you mean. It never even occurred to me that their images don’t show the logo. It does appear to be a genuine product though, I don’t see any evidence of corner cutting on the workmanship.

Thanks relic,

I have to admit, I also prefer a larger hotspot. So much so that I would take a second floody light with me if I were to take the A60. The spot is a little too tight for general use but if I wanted a light to take for long distance work to keep in a pocket. This is definitely it for sure.

Not too sure on the Aluminium reflectors, does anyone have a DX A60 who can confirm whether it’s Alu ? would be nice to know definitely.

Excellent Review! 8)

Great review spasmod…Im using sanyo protected cells 2600 which measure 69.6mmm give or take …

Nice review and pictures spasmod!

I just saw under Specifications (the one you linked) had “Brand: Jacob”, but it’s weird that the main title did not state and also pictures did not have any Jacob logo.

But I do believe it’s a genuine product though.

That is a sweet review!

Great pictures and great write-up. Thanks :-)

Thank you guys. Apologies for the lacking beamshots. It has been raining none stop all day today :frowning:

I’ll try again tomorrow

Beamshots now added in the second post.

Cheers

Spas

Great review Spas on a great little light!

Thanks