Review: KD C8 CREE XML T6 1000 Lumen 5-Mode LED Flashlight (1*18650) SKU: S009844

That was fast!!! Thanks alot benckie..

Sorry, I guess I didn't see your post earlier...

One link is orange peal the other is smooth they both are about 1mm or so longer then my trustfire C8 and KD C8 relectors they help with lens rattle or in the case of my Trustfire C8 if you push you finger down on the glass and move it around the glass it will move but it does not rattle if you shake it hard, i seam to get better throw with the orange peal but white wall hunting the smooth looks better, i thought it would be the other way.

Well at 20' white wall hunting it sure seems brighter, now I have to go do it again outside to see which is better.

I have one of the first KD C8 and tried this reflector. To my disappointment, it transformed a perfectly smooth beam to a ringy ugly one (even if more throwy) so I changed back to the OP one.

I bought two of those, one for the TrustFire F15, the other for the UltraOK, which came with a plastic one.

On both lights they fit and work fine, but the outer depth dimension of mine is 30.9 and 31.4mm respectively, thus slightly less than pictured.

31.4 or 41.4mm ? cause mine where ok and still slightly tall then the TF C8 and KD C8

I too like the OP best

31.4mm. That's the outer depth, which matters in the context of this dicussion (if I got it right?). As seen in the last picture on Manfont site (SMO version), there reading 31.76mm.

41.6 is the outside diameter.

I'm pointing out discrepancies of less than one millimeter, sure, but the rattling lens issue seems to be in that range.

I got you now, they work if you have lens rattle or loose glass I didn't have to sand mine, not sure if the newer kd c8's have changed reflectors. I would not worry to much about manafonts measurements as some times they are off.

Ok, now I'm confused what does the beam of the KD C8 suppose to look like? I have ordered 2 KD C8 from KD and was disappointed in the first and now the second, until I put the smooth reflector in and then it came alive. The Keygos KE-2 was making the KD C8 look like a joke. there was no hot spot all flood with the OP. Is that what it should be?

Oh dear... I just got this flashlight and I think I put the battery in the wrong way. Now the flashlight is just blinking erratically when I turn it on. Did I destroy it? Or is it in the strobe light mode? How do I change modes?

Sorry, this is my first multi-mode LED flashlight.

clicking hard = on/off

clicking softly when the light is on = toggling between modes

Uff... thank you! It appears it was just in the SOS mode. :)

Welcome to BLF, Pete7874.

Glad it was just in SOS mode.

And maybe mark with a color, symbol,... where the positive/negative side is situated (+ side of the battery goes in first).

I have drawn a - on the inside of the endcap myself.

The mistake is very easy to make by accident with flat-top cells when in a hurry. For that reason I never take flat-tops out with me as spares and only ever load them into a light when at home. Most lights have protection against reverse polarity but its no substitution for good old fashioned carefulness.

Is it normal for this flashlight to emit some buzzing noise when on? It's not too loud, but can easily be heard if you have it close to your head...

Hi pete, I dont know, but I know that mine does the same.. Not always, but I havent found out when it happens and when not. That might be comforting to know ;)

I guess some other members can help you with the reason and how to resolve it!

My KD C8 buzzed when I first got it. But it stopped on it's own. My pill was loose. Perhaps it's related to a loose pill? You might try tightening the pill. There are instructions for doing this elsewhere in this thread. Search is your friend. It's pretty easy to do.

to tighten the pill turn it clockwise with a probe or something similar

okay, thats probably why it stopped buzzing... (I tightened the pill after taking the light apart)