Review: KD C8 CREE XML T6 1000 Lumen 5-Mode LED Flashlight (1*18650) SKU: S009844

This is a C8 format light correct?

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/tb-d7-cree-xm-l-t6-8000k-900lm-5-mode-white-led-flashlight-1-x-18650-110262

I'd say no it's not. Isn't that a clone of the Ultrafire UF-980L?

-Garry

ANL, I appreciate your comments on the ebay seller 365bid. The UF C8 pictured on his auction doesn't show a green rubber clicky however, it's black. I assume I'm looking at the correct one.

I'm new at Budget Lights and just want to make sure my first budget purchase (save for sipik clone) is one that will inspire confidence to keep me interested and going back for more.

I emailed seller a question concerning amp draw on high and what type of reflector SMO or OP and have not heard from him yet. Even mentioned I learned about him on BLF to maybe ensure I get a decent example of a UF C8 from him. Again ANL, thanks for your input. Please feel free to put in a good word for me if you could ?? You seem to have had good expereinces with him...LOL...Thanks.

Maybe this is not the place to bring this up, but I learned about BLF when I grew tired of the CPF site being down so frequently, especially when you need to do a quick search for something you are interested in. So I googled other flashlight forums and landed here !! Great place and I am enjoying this Forum very much. I find myself here more and more as compared to the "other" place. Cheers from Texas. :)

Ah, I see. Even better.

That is the same C8.

Ordering my first 18650 torch.... what brand 18650 battery has someone

discovered that works superbly in this torch? Anyone?

And thanks again ANL ! Smile

I’m using Trustfire Flames 2400mAh which I got from KD. There’s talk of newer flames not being as good as older ones (see battery test). I think I would jump up to the 3,000mAh Trustfire Flames from Manafont now.
-Garry.

I like either the TF Flame 2400 from Manafont or the XTAR2600. Have not tried the TF's Garry mentions but they are a little more capacity for not much more money.

Little more capacity and more capable of delivering current than TF Flame 2400, Xtar 2600 and some others I had on hand.

This light seems to be best budget 1x18650 light there is. There are so many variations so it's hard to choose, which one would you get?

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/ultrafire-c8-xml-t6-3mode-led-flashlight-118650-p-5271

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S010020

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/ultrafire-c8-cree-xml-t6-warm-white-led-5mode-memory-flashlight-black-18650-p-8604

I don't prefer to have any strobes, Hi - Med - Low would be best but these doesn't come with that setting, so Hi - Med - Strobe is the closest.

Also does TF flame 2400mah battery fit well in these?

LOL…did you see the name on it? “Prairie Fire”! I still want one and have added it to my wish list. :slight_smile:

I've got the Prairie fire TB-Dy and the Fandyfire X8 on my short list. LOL.

Any suggestions where to get C8´s at this point of season, so to speak? (these have been on sale for long...)

I ordered 1 from DD but both were different in many ways, size, driver, reflector. Neither of them was the one in picture.

Both working though... They were a bit cheaper than on KD. Now price is back up, so, any suggestions?

Does anyone have this with OP reflector, would you recommend?

These would be more likely give-aways / to be sold than kept.

I see from the tracking that the C8 I ordered from 365bid has just arrived in New York. Should have it here in a couple days. Ordered last Sunday.

My first budget 18650. WooHoooooo! Laughing Bring it on!

No real need for holster but why not, maybe I´ll try that seller next.

Thanks for the tips!

CheapThrills, My post with beamshots here shows my KD C8 with an OP reflector.

-Garry

Ok, thanks! I had to make an order straight away (a couple of friends were asking these and I´m already on 0 in stock...), took one SMO and one OP.

i recently bought this one: http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S009844

i am more than pleased with it, getting 1.5 to 2.5A draw on various sanyo, panasonic, and sony 18650 batteries stripped from dead laptop battery, the draw is constant with each battery, but each battery gives different amounts of current. have some TF flames on the way via HK snail mail. hoping to get about 3A with some lower internal resistance batteries.

cons: driver pill came untightened, said nothing on the side

pros: intense throw, very bright, almost a searchlight. anodizing is of good quality, if my math is right, i am getting 850 lumens about. hopefully more with some tf flames, but i am still very pleased

other thoughts: i think i may get a smo reflecter. i love the way this light disperses heat, better than any other light i have owned. it gets warm quickly, but gets no hotter, the pill is only a bit warm to the touch. a great buy, and i would reccomend this to anyone who can be trusted with li-ion batteries, and trusted not to put ni-mh, ni-cd, or primary cells in their respective chargers, basically anyone with some sense.

lasersgopewpew, Welcome! Yes I, like you, really enjoy this light and highly recommend it!

-Garry

received.
Both have same dody and structure (from DD, both different…).
Draw almost 3A. Working fine.