Review: KD C8 CREE XML T6 1000 Lumen 5-Mode LED Flashlight (1*18650) SKU: S009844

No,

today i measure the C8 XM-L from manafont(from a workmate), @high=1,4A !

the KD C8 @high=3,9A (highest measurement)

i chanched the driver of the manafont c8 xm-l to a NANJG 105A, now @high=2,84A.

After that, i WILL also a SMO reflector for my KD C8! ^^

......the manafont c8 XM-L is also a complete other construction and driver chanche is not easy ;)

Thanks! So my KD is finally on the way! :)

sounds like the hi, med, strobe driver for the p60 drop-in at manafont..mine measured 1.4 ~1.7 a but not bright at all..my KD drop-in on med was brighter and it measures 1~1.2a..I have a nanjg 2.8a driver in the mail to fix the issue..

Aloha and welcome to BLF rizky_p!

that's why i didn't order the manafont c8 and went with the more expensive uf-980l instead

can you review the light when you get it? doesn't have to be a crazy in depth review..just want to know if it's a bright one or not.and tailcap draws if possible..I have this liht on my buy list for next week..thanks

the p60 xm-l dropin at manafont is great!

i put the driver from the manafont p60 dropin in my Brinyte C5 XM-L.

....now @High=4,66A !!!

had this driver(from p60 dropin) in my p10, there @High=4,13A.

Manafont has the best p60 XM-L dropin ;)

(but 4,66A is more, that i wanted LOL)

Any link pls? I can't find it on mana :/

HERE is the P60 Dropin.

For Brinyte C5 XM-L read HERE @post#14.

but the Brinyte is really only for throw, the KD C8 is more useful (my opinion) ;)

i don't really have anything to compare it to, and only have a very cheap multi-meter

the only other two lights i own are a quark mini and akoray k106. and i gave my rechargeable stanley spotlight to my dad for xmas

well if driven properly the light should destroy your other lights..it shouldn't even be close..and your multimeter should still work even if it is cheap..use paperclips or thick copper wire to test if your leads are giving you proper readings..

Hi!

I'm looking for a 1000 lumen flashlight and a flood-to-throw flashlight using 1x18650 battery. The mentioned flashlight looks pretty impressive considering the positive feedback here.

One question. What's the OTF lumens of the KD C8 CREE XML T6 1000 Lumen 5-Mode LED Flashlight?

I'll post the flood-to-throw flashlight in another thread

There's another one. It's the MTE M3-2i CREE XM-L1000 lumens 6-Mode LED Flashlight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up5_9X_SsGc

http://site.gregmcgeeengineering.com/M3-2I.html

Anyone has experience using this MTE?

Which is better?

Thanks

You are very unlikely to find a single 18650 XM-L light actually producing 1000 OTF lumens. There are some 2x18650 lights that get close to 900 OTF lumens (like the Fenix Tk35, etc.), but you're probably limited to around 400-650 OTF lumens on a single 18650, in practice, depending on the heat sinking, driver amp rating, and battery quality.

Most budget light dealers [over]state the lumen rating on their lights based on the max lumens the LED can safely produce, ignoring the fact that the light is never driven that hard, ignoring the inefficiencies of the driver, light lost in the reflector and lens, max amps the batteries can provide, etc. Also, the harder you drive the LED at high amps, the less efficient it gets, so your battery life goes down faster than you might otherwise guess.

would be true, then I suggest to take an XM-L light that runs on three 18650.

Hey, this MTE is the same, that i have modded with a XM-L and NANJG 105A driver.

At DX the MTE has chanched to Ultrafire: THAT was my MTE flashlight.

HERE at post#9 are some short range beamshots, also from KD C8 ;)

the MTE (for me) has better beam, but the KD C8 throws wider.

I'd like the Ultrafire RL-2088 with an XM-L or two driven hard and about $60 cheaper.

Lets see what Jim can work out on a group deal. I wouldnt mind driving the SST-50 to 5 amps with a driver mod: http://budgetlightforum.cz.cc/node/1534

Andi, I have a similar MTE light (I bought the MC-E version, with 8-mode driver). How much difference is there between your MTE now with the new driver and XM-L, compared with the original?

Thanks for all the kind words.

It is appears that KD version of C8 XML is the best driven among other budget alternative. I am soo impressed that bought the second one for my bike.

Thanks to the review here @BLF.

btw. is this the same light? the price is lowered now at 25.27

http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=11097

Wow, The price when I ordered it 2 weeks ago was 28.00 and now its only 25.27.