Review: KD C8 CREE XML T6 1000 Lumen 5-Mode LED Flashlight (1*18650) SKU: S009844

I ordered another 2 days ago for $28....now pricedrop....great LOL

@peteybaby: most different is the much brighter hotspot (P7 has not really a hotspot), it now throws much wider.

after modding, the LED is too far away from the reflector. i use a spring from a p60 dropin and cut only one turn, this fits perfect on the pill of the MTE.

so, i can screw the pill tight and LED has perfect distance to reflector ;)

Thanks Andi. My MC-E-based MTE light actually has a very nice hotspot. I'm not sure if I want to switch the MC-E with an XM-L because the beam is perfect right now, and I don't know how much improvement in output I might get with the XM-L. If the XM-L would be just 20% brighter, I'll leave the MC-E in there.

Or, I could replace the MC-E with an XM-L (I already have one), and if I don't like it, put the MC-E back.

Andi, where did you insert that piece of spring? Between the pill and the flashlight body?

yes. upper side is wider and on downside the "ring" fits in diameter.

Five modes must be no need , just browse all of the comment, then laugh in my beard.

Just got my order of 6 of these. partial charge ICR18650 gave me 2.85A so far, I'll test later. Got here pretty damn fast got dispatched on March 1 and here on March 5 to the esat coast.

Using ~14AWG copper wire and an ICR18650 ,I got:
1- 3.15 A

2- 2.96A

3- 3.20A

4- 3.02A

5- 3.28A

6- 2.98A

I'm impressed by the results.

I got mine. Clean threads. Bright. Im happy!

Seriously, I failed miserably at this. I was trying to measure the amp for my R5-A3 but everytime I put the red lead on the unanodized part of the battery and the black lead on the negative side of the battery, there's error on the DMM. I tried all sorts of different ways but still cant get a reading. Help anyone?

I can easily measure my batteries.

Edit: was referring to the guide by Don on how to measure amps 2 pages back.

check the set up of the dmm

Dont you mean unanodized part of the light. ie the threads

make sure the DMM is set to 10a and the leads are plugged into the 10a socket and the common (ground) socket..

Yeah the unanodized part of the flashlight (thread) not the battery. Mine's auto range DMM. I set it to A and then nothing happens....

maybe you're going over the allowable limit of your DMM for amperage..I know my auto range DMM has 2 slots one for 10a and one for A..the A setting is fused and only good up to 2000ma..so maybe you went over and blew the fuse and/or it isn't allowing it to read because it's over the allowable limit..what model DMM do you have?

this one:

http://www.tinydeal.com/auto-range-lcd-display-pocket-digital-multimeter-meter-tester-for-measurering-ac-dc-voltage-current-resistance-ctl9619-p-9305.html

if you look at the stats it is not capable of reading the proper range of current..you need one with a 10a setting..it will read up to 10a..yours is only capable of reading 200ma which is a far cry of what it needs to be..

200uA (±5% of rdg), 2000uA (±3% of rdg), 20mA (±5% of rdg), 200mA (±3% of rdg) (Frequency Range: 40~400Hz)

Still holding at $25.27. This is an amazing price for such a well designed high output light. I think I paid about $30 for mine when they first came out, and worth every penny.

HI!

I ordered one but still have not arrive. Can someone tell me whether KD ships by air or by sea?

Thanks

Air I believe.

Ar crap at my DMM then. Thanks though.

I got my KD C8 today after quite some waiting (listed as shipped by KD on 21 Feb, registered at HK post on the 22 Feb, left HK on 2 March, arrived at postal office foreign terminal 13 March, I got it today).

Measured at the most 2.2A@4.14V with my (cheap) Fluke, TrustFire Red/Black, but that's with the standard wires.

Question: are the head pieces GLUED? Can the head be unscrewed so that the light can be used in "PURE FLOOD" or "candle" mode?

The Yezl M6 user photos show an unglued flashlight, and it seems to be a nicer flashlight (possibly better reflector?), but seemingly underdriven at 2.5A or less from all accounts I've seen, which is a deal-killer for me.

I have a Spiderfire P7 I could upgrade, but I really want "full flood" mode AND well-driven. <requisite bitch mode on>The C8 "blinky" modes is a bummer though.<off> Is there a non-blinky, well-driven, unglued variant somewhere out there?

The pill is inside of the base of the head, which is in some people's opinions what makes this light superior, due to the theoretically much better heat transfer to ... air. But just the same, yes the head can be unscrewed from the body no problem. Won't do you any good though, if you're wanting the pill in the body.

Try the Brinyte C9. :)