“REVIEW”: Lumintop Frog – 10180 / 10440 / 3xAAA – SST20 4000K - NarsilM [Pic Heavy] - Beamshots Added -

Uno Perfecto Amigo !

2 Thanks

Thanks to MascaratumB.:ok_hand::blush::blush::sunglasses::clap:

I would have never thought of that.

2 Thanks

He is very nice guy, i bought my Fenix E12 V2.0 and joined BLF because of him !

2 Thanks

He is a very nice guy. Very helpful it takes his time he spent a lot of time with me and regards to questions about this light.

2 Thanks

I’m posting on my thread and this one the same information!

The green Carabiner is a half inch shorter but I don’t like the protruding rivet. The blue one is built better . That little bit of extra length is not an issue.Safety First!

Thanks for the review, OP. I needed something like that, because I was just thinking of buying something like that.

Lumintop Frog Keychain Flashlight Review - ZeroAir Reviews - BTW, found this review too. It’s similar to yours, but have some differences.

Can you give it a short analysis or something? Some of ideas here are really different from what you wrote.

Hey, I’m glad you made it :partying_face: Those small holes and splut rings can be tricky sometimes. But It is nice that you managed to fit it it looks good on the keychain :sunglasses:

Thank you for your words, @Cochise334ever and @TARTARA ! My aim is to help and gie information the best I can, so it is good to see that it worked well this time :wink:

BTW, you can check the site of Countycomm (View All Light Products – CountyComm) since they sell a version of the GT Nano, and manybe they have the other battery tube with larger hole. I guess I say it there but I didn’t see it last timeI checked :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Thank

Thanks for your words! I am not sure if I understand well or if the request was addressed to me but you want a short analysis of the flashlight?

This is what I wrote in the OP, near the end:

In case you need something more detailed, please let me know in which aspects :+1:

@ MascaratumB or someone who knows the light well.

Do they still sell this light in 6500K.

That is what I wanted but they didn’t appear to have it when I ordered.

I haven’t mentioned the tint. I chose to get the 4000k only by default. I knew I wouldn’t like it that much! Indoors is fine but outside it’s like a reddish amber color. Just not my preference. But I made a decision to get the light.

My K18 that broke it was 350 lumens cool white look much brighter than 650/700 lumens for the Frog.

1 Thank

I just answered my own question.

I could have ordered from Lumintop for the same price, sst-6500 and the body with the extended loop at the end with no issues for a split ring at all.

I wish I would have seen them 6 weeks ago when I ordered this.:pleading_face::disappointed_relieved::persevere::frowning::weary:

1 Thank

Now wait a minute. Two more dollars after shipping and taxes was added up.lol.

I had to do this quick before the Frog stepped down. Flashlights are about 1 ft away from the wall .

I do not like my tint any warmer than 5000k. 5500K is probably my favorite. 6000/6500k is okay.

D25C ti XPL 5700K on Left.

Frog SST 4000K on Right.

The D25C ti was measured at 860 lumens.

1 Thank

If you get to $50 on Lumintop’s site it will be free shipping. Not very helpful if you don’t have anything to spend $50 on.

Hum, if you are used to modify flashlights, changing the LED in the Frog is not very hard since the PCB is easily accessible. I modded my, replacing the SST20 4000K for a Samsung Lh351D 5000K. The beam became wider, less intense in the “hotspot”.

BTW, @Cochise334ever , I noticed in an photo you posted above, that you had the Frog with the switch LED ON. I would probably advise not to use it that way.

Although I don’t have means to measure parasitic draining, two days ago I found that my GT Nano (not the Frog) drained the 10440 cell.
Well, I don’t use the switch LED ON, and there is a possibility that the flashlight might have turned ON while in the box . But if this was not the case, the Nano drained the cell even with the switch LED OFF.
Maybe the Frog doens’t work that way, but carefull if you use the lighted switch :zipper_mouth_face:

@ MascaratumB

Sometimes the site is too sensitive. The trash can is right next to the reply button and it deleted my response/post by accident.

Anyway to activate it again in case that happens again?

I don’t know how to modify lights or I would do it. I always leave the light unlocked.

Thanks for the suggestion. But no worries . The light was left on on purpose in my lineup. Other than that it’s always a mechanical lockout until I use it

Oki doki :wink: BTW, even if you want to keep the mechanical lockout, you can disable the LED on the switch if you want/prefer to. The instructions come in the last part of the user manual.
Sometimes we need the flashligh ready to be activated (even in momentary ON) so the mechanical lockout may be an issue. :+1:

Thx.

I like it to be illuminated when I’m using the light. That’s a major reason why I like Anduril better than Narsil. Anduril,the illuminated LED switch stays on as soon as tail cap is activated when you turn the light on it’s still on.

Narsil on the other hand it’s illuminated when the light is off and as soon as you turn the light on it goes off. That makes zero sense to me. When I’m on a hiking trail outside I want to see this switch while I’m using the light.

However where I like Narsil better is you can disable the step down. Anduril you have to raise the thermal limit.

I did a little adjustment. I’m now hooking up the small flashlight carabiner to the main carabiner on my keychain. Now it hangs close to 1 and 1/2 in. less than it did prior to that.

Dome of Vatican in background. Copula. I took the photo in 2006. It’s very important, I know you guys are thrilled.

1 Thank

The answer is yes it has RPP. But the Chinese name is something else!..ANTI REVERSE PROTECTION…ARP!

Names do not matter , its the results.

1 Thank

Nice setup man !