Review: Manker MK34, 12 XP-G3, 3x18650 Floodlight

22 sec here too.

I’ll see if I can get my hands on a set of these Sanyo 18650 GA, and do the test again.
I have also made more space on the walls of the room where I do ceiling bounce… who knows.

Noi, actually you have to double-click twice to return to Turbo after it steps down. The Turbo is part of the second mode group and once it steps down to high a double-click returns back to regular mode group and last mode used. A second double-click returns it back to Turbo in the second mode group. I just checked on mine a couple times to make sure.

i meant: you can start again the turbo with a double click.

The guys at Manker have been helpful in trying to troubleshoot my problem, but no results yet. Here’s a beamshot comparing my MK34 to the Meteor. If someone else has the 219B version and a 219C Meteor, could you post your beams side by side?

My M43 is equipped with 219B.
Beamshot comparison here:

Thanks, but I’m more interested in output on turbo, since my MK34 reads significantly lower compared to the Noctigon.

Ceiling bounce, Lux meter and the same 25R:s says that mine are within 1% of each other on turbo.

Took the lamp out this morning with the dogs before sun came up. My initial impression is that I like the lamp better now that it have it in my nitecore pouch. Current batteries are the LG HG's. This torch is amazingly bright and floody to the extreme; no picture could really capture the extent of the spill. The LG's work well but not noticiable better than the Samsung 25's.

Overall I have no buyer remorse and feel this light would be very good for fishing and camping.

Thanks Manker.

This.

Got my cree mk34 very quick from http://www.hkequipment.net/ ; Banggoods button top 30Q will fit pressed!!
But the output (with 30Q) - as stated before - is around the 7000 lumen otf! Nice led tint!

Nichia version. Small but bright. Got hot on turbo easily.

So, Selfbuilt tested the Nichia 219B version, and he measured a whopping 7500 lumens! Waaaay much more than the claimed 6500 lumens by Manker, although people here are measuring less than claimed…. Need…more…data!

Maukka but something is rather weird (Slfebuild numbers also). Noctigon M43 uses 219B-V1 each at 2A output from 4*18650 can’t be lower than whatever Manker current output is only from 3*18650, basically higher resistance, harder to achieve higher currents anyway.

The 7500 lumens figure doesn’t make sense when checking Nichias specifications:
https://www.nichia.co.jp/specification/products/led/NVSW219B-V1-R90-E.pdf
it shouldn’t be possible to get that output from 12 LED:s of that type.

So I asked selfbuilt in the CPF thread.

it is very difficoult to estimate the output on such a floodlight.
a good way might be to measure the A at the led baseplate, to give an idea.

What is interesting is that selfbuilt’s high mode lumens match mine. I also get 1800 lumens on high. But on turbo he gets much more. So it’s not about our different integrating ceilings/spheres/pipes or whatevers. As long as our meters are linear, which I have no reason to doubt, his is much brighter on turbo.

edit: according to Manker the version selfbuilt tested is the Cree one so that explains a lot…

Indeed, now it all makes sense again.

So, we have 7000 to 7500 lumens for the xp-g3 version, and around 4000 for the Nichia. 7500 lumens is about as much as the Noctigon with CW xp-g2 emitters. If you put CW xp-g3 emitters on the Noctigon, then you probably would get around 8000 lumens; does this make sense? Since the Manker resembles the Noctigon in so many ways, I would not be surprised if a similar design is used for the driver as well. Therefore Manker estimates 8000 lumens with the xp-g3. But in reality, the driver performs a bit less than anticipated; max 7500 lumens for xp-g3 would then make 4000 lumens for the 219b realistic, since the Noctigon 219b produces 4450 lumens. The Manker’s driver performs a bit less well than the Noctigon’s driver.
So where does Manker get the 6500 lumens for the 219b? Well, they were initially planning to use 219c emitters, but Nichia couldn’t supply them, so 219b are used. Perhaps 219c were used in the prototype and calculations by Manker? Because the 219c Noctigon produces 6600 lumens, and since Manker are perhaps using the same/similar driver design, they were estimating 6500 lumens, which is about the same as the Noctigon 219c. Just an idea.

hIKARInoob

You may look at bit at RMM’s website for some numbers on all kind of LED variants on the M43.
However it’s 4cells vs 3cells, no way 3cells can maintain higher or longer Turbo levels than 4*18650 because because all of the voltage drop in the
body, wires, springs, fet, inductor, sense resistors)

I think you are trying too much to equate the two products 1:1 in claims too much.
Original will always validate the clones (all industries), reason why Chinese prefer to clone rather than come up with original ideas, it just makes sense business-wise.