Review: Manker T01 Prerelease Sample (small updates 20150925))

They are quite touchy and dramatic over there, and the claim that it is a ‘blatant knock-off’ is just silly. One even hinted that it resembled what an UltraFire copy of a ZL would look like…lol

It does, IMHO, somewhat resemble a ZL. But, again, IMHO, it looks better than a ZL. Maybe that is what really upsets them :stuck_out_tongue:

If someone eventually got a group buy going for this light, I would be in for a second light, depending on the cost of course. Maybe we could hook something up with Manker, since we have lots of dealings with them already?

MAP will be an issue.

A Special Edition version would be one way to avoid MAP issues.

I like the way you think Krono! :wink: :beer:

Johnny Mac,
Nice to see chrysler lay out the Welcome mat :slight_smile:

Only the 3rd time for me to go to that site, tough crowd. Don’t need to go back.
Anyway, if this light gets tint choices and comes down under $50, it’ll sell.

The Nitecore EA11 really blew my socks off on what a 14500 light can do and the small size lights are cool.
This Manker looks pretty neat.
Thanks for the review.
Later,
Keith

Thrunite’s 2A v2 does 460lm on AA, and 810lm on 14500. Previously the best AA output afaik… Originally retailed for $40. Unfortunately was plagued with defects and poor QC.

The Manker T01 looks like a serious contender… though $70 is quite a step up. If the final product lives up to what is shown here, and doesn’t have the locking into 14500-only issue… might just be worth it.

its too expensive, well for me, for a 69$ light. ill wait for a group buy if there will be any.

I have the thrunite 2a V2 and I love it especially with the 14500 in it. I believe this one is a lot more appealing, just not $30 more appealing. I’m in on the GB for the K6 and can’t wait for it.

Really like the look of this light but at $69 I won’t be rushing to buy one. If we get at GB or a Special Edition made with a lower price and 5000K emitter, then it’s a different story.

Wait and see. UI to be seen. Tint, Etc

Then wait til it can be had for $40ish

Been checking out this light for five days now. I absolutely love the little cuss, however I’m not big on it’s looks. This light IS the definition of a pocket rocket though. The tint looks to be around 5200k, although I haven’t compared it to any of my other lights (just a guess). If other companies don’t produce this form factor (they probably will), you may regret not getting this tiny tool with big performance. The UI is NOT intuitive tough, it takes some time to memorize it. I wish it had something like OLights S1’s UI. Over all, It’s truly the most amazing stock pocket rocket out there for now. Thank you JM for the heads up! M4D M4X has a deal on this light BTW.

I agree, price is too high but expect a half price flash sale very soon I would say.

Nice light though.

Johnny thanks for doing the awesome review with great photos as usual! I was looking at batteries on Banggood when I saw the T01 on their home page banner, it immediately grabbed my attention as I was also struck by its gorgeous looks and the larger size head. Right then I thought I have to look into this, so I looked it up on here and found this review.

At first I thought it was a single CR123a/16340 light. I had recently been ogling over a a similar design light (small light with large head, XPL HI and side switch) the Eagletac TX25C (88mm long x 33mm head dia.) The Eagletac is offered with several LED choices, including an XPL HI V2 NW or XPL HI V3 CW, also it has the magnetic tail. Its output is 720 lumens on a single 16340 (1100 lumens on 2xCR123 with the included ext. battery tube) 237 meters throw

-

-

When I read in the review that the Manker T01 was the only light putting out over 800 lumens on a single 14500 (now a claimed 900) another light immediately came to mind, the Nitecore MT10A (rated 920 lumens on IMR14500) The MT10A seemed to be the highest claimed lumen output on 14500 in a production light, at least through the limited research I did for my brother. (He asked for my recommendation for an AA size personal defense light to go along with concealed carry of his new handgun) After deciding between the Thrunite Archer 1A, the Nitecore MT1A, the Klarus XT1A, and the Eagletac D25A, we ended up choosing the MT10A for maximum output, its tactical features and the $33 group buy price. I ordered it and had it shipped to him but I haven’t seen him yet to check it out in person.

I’m not comparing the Nitecore to the Manker, only the output ratings, (the Nitecore is a different style light with XML2 and normal size head)
When I first saw the Nitecore I really doubted that a 14500 could even produce 920 lumens, but apparently it does per M4D M4X’s review on it.

For my brothers MT10A I got him a Nitecore IMR14500 for maximum current and output.
I’m wondering if this Manker T01 would benefit using a high discharge IMR battery to reach the full 900 lumens output? I assume it will looking at the hi current cathode spring system.

-

-

So now I will be comparing and deciding between this Manker and the Eagletac. Both are about the same price: $69.00 for the Eagletac w/XML2, $79.00 w/XPL HI, but hopefully I can also find the XPL HI version for $69.00.

14500 vs 16340? I have several 14500 lights but I don’t currently own any 16340 lights, the Eagletac was going to be my first. From what I can tell between the IMR batteries the available capacity is about the same (650mAh for the Nitecore IMR14500 / 700mAh for the Efest IMR16340) so maybe there is no benefit of 14500 over a 16340 or visa versa?

-

-

I like how the Eagletac has quick access to max or minimum output levels (long press/short press) and I really like that it has the tail magnet. The head is also slightly larger than the Manker, so maybe a larger reflector? it has is a lanyard attachment point and includes a para cord lanyard with quick attach clip.

I also like the titanium coated bolt on style deep carry pocket clip, it’s appears to be the same as the one on my Eagletac D25C2 mini which is very sturdy. (the T01 clip described here as “springy” but strong hopefully is better than the one that came on my black BLF Manker A6 that I would describe as “springy” and weak) Plus Eagletac AFAIK has a pretty good reputation of quality, and it has a 10 year warranty.

What the Manker has going for it is it’s striking looks (I like the “white” version) and higher lumen output, however I’m not sure if 900 “Manker lumens” may be equal to 700 “Eagletac lumens” I’d love to see a comparison review between these two, but I can’t even find a review of the Eagletac.

Manker is claiming slightly more beam distance at 282 meters vs 237 meters for the ET.
AFAIK these two are currently the only production lights this short of a length (85-88mm), with a larger reflector (29-33mm) XPL HI emitter and side switch. Unless someone knows of another?

-

-

GODMES or QUINLAN?
What is GODMES? This light on Banggood shows its the GODMES T01 with that engraving, however on the Manker website the light is listed under “QUINLAN” as the QUINLAN T-01 and in the photos shows MK-T01 engraving.

The T01’s I saw on ebay show only the MANKER T01 and no engraving in the opposite flat. On Mankers site the only GODMES is the “King” (listed under BLUETOOTH) a 3800 lumen triple / bluetooth programmable through smart phone app. And the app is called “GODMES APP” I guess its prounced “God - mess” or “God me’s”? Apparently the word has no other meaning besides the name of a Manker flashlight.

Check out the Eagletac TX25C Same form factor (size) but 16340 instead of 14500. ^See my post above^

Looks similar to this http://www.banggood.com/GODMES-T01-CREE-XPL-HI-500LM-Mini-EDC-LED-Flashlight-AA-p-1007756.html

Huh?

Its the same light. White (Silver) has Manker on it and the Black has Godmes on it

one user told me he got a silver GODMES from ebay…

Just ordered the white Manker version, couldn’t help myself.

The Cu X5 is simply awesome with that reflector, to have it in an even smaller form factor and have the ability to use my Sanyo Eneloops was more than I could stand. And the bare ano is appealing to me, it’ll be a mate to my Zebralight SC52 even if the smaller 52 blows it’s doors off (I’ve modified the 52, it does 1117 lumens and has ramping firmware)

I saw a review on this one here that showed the pill and interior of the head, really like it, a lot, so yeah, could not pass this one up even if I hadn’t already fell for it when you first posted this review.

Thanks Johnny, appreciate it. :wink:

Oh, by the way, the reflector in this light… in the Cu X5… actually outperforms an equally built X6. Remarkable!