Review: Maxtoch SN6X-2 [ XM-L 2x18650 Thrower ] OEM Flashlight

Nope, the STL-V2/V6 and most probably this flashlight cannot work with 1 x 18650, i have tried it before with DMM probes to test. It does have a Low Voltage cut with 2 cells.

Ehh? Confused again then. No single 18650. Check.

But what is this with the C8 tube then? Oh maybe I get it. You run it with two of those small 18350 or something to get the voltage?

I'm feeling like such a noob right now :-)

Haha....yep, just slot in 2 pcs of 18350 or 16340, or even CR123 to operate it. :) Careful, note that it is doing about 1.3A at the tail, so your cells must be able to do 1.3A. The bestinone.net 18350 IMRs have absolutely no issue.

Anybody know or compare this to SR STL-V2 or FF STL-V6? Also their J12/J18 looking one claims 850m? They also have the ebay HID copycat one, Maxtoch HDX1.

Theres a few threads comparing SR STL-V2 to FF STL-V6. It seems they’re starting to ship the FF with cheaper parts recently (last reports were ~4-6 months IIRC).

I’ve had both and they seemed to perform the same, but the first died within two months. Reports suggest poorer quality parts, but I cannot with certainty confirm.