[Review] MiBoxer C2-3000 first look

Hello Ian

yes,the remaining time is base on the charging curve,

when you put the cells into the Miboxer, the chager will find the nearest charging curve,as time flows, the charger may find other nearest charging curve.

so the remaining time and percentage is change over time.

we will improved the algorithm and make sure the digital is accurate。

thanks

Hi Leo, what I am getting at is that with a 5v 2.4A USB supply the charger charged at 1.05A max.
With a 12v 2A supply it charged at 1.5A.
Then with the same 5v 2.4A USB supply it only charged at a max of 0.55A.
The manual recommends a USB 5v 2A supply.
This is with the same pair of cells each time with the same cell start voltage & the cells are pretty new having only had a couple of cycles use before this testing & are low internal resistance.

Hello Ian

Yes, 12v 2A like car charger can supply 1.5A per slot.

5V 2A max can supply 1A per slot at the same time.

so We recommend you 12V 2A for 1.5A use

Thanks

OK Leo that makes sense, it is just that your manual says ” it is recommended to use the 5v 2A adapter.
Perhaps the manual could be altered to say that with a 5v 2A supply max charge current is 1A per bay & that with a 12v 2A supply max charge current is 1.5A per bay.
It does make perfect sense though that 1.5A charging on both bays is only possible with a 12v 2A supply.
Could I ask you if you have any idea why when using the same 5v 2.4A USB supply & the same cells at the same initial start voltage that one time it charges both bays at 1.05A & then the next time it only charges at a max 0.55A ?
Why would the charger decide that the 2 charge cycles need vastly different charge currents ?
I have just discharged the 2 Basen 26650”s back down to 3.68v & 3.69v respectively & put them on charge.
I have used a different 12v 2A supply & the charger has immediately started charging at 1.5A per bay & said charge time will be 2.00 hours & 2.03 hours which is about what I would expect :+1:

Great work Ian!

Leo, can you comment or get your engineers to comment on the charge current capability on USB supply please?

USB meters have a current sunt (a resistor in series with the load) to measure the current. The current is calculated by measuring the voltage of the shunt. The shunt and the connectors of the USB meter create significant voltage drop at higher currents. Most high-power USB devices try to sense incoming voltage in order to protect their powersource, the USB meter affects them.

If you have a compatible Android device try to run an app like Ampere that displays charge current from the battery management system, and try charging with and without the USB meter. The result can be surprising, especially if your device charges at high current.

I know that running the USB meter in line takes some power but I would not have thought it would have halved the power, 2.1A charge current without the meter compared to 1.05A charge current with it ?
Certainly when I have used this USB meter to measure voltage & current with other items it hasn”t halved the current ?

Depends on the device. Higher current devices tend to be smarter to prevent any problems with insufficient power sources. Your Android device for example quickly ramps up current after connected to find the point where the incoming voltage doesn’t drop too low (indicating a weak supply). If it just drew as much current as it could from the start, it would create problems. Same with chargers like the VC2 and possibly the MiBoxer.

yes, we supplied Olight Miboxer charger more than 10.000pcs at this year