Review of Fluke 365 Digital Clamp Multimeter

A couple of weeks ago I was shipped a Fluke 365 Digital Clamp Multimeter from Fluke Corporation.

I was asked to simply use it however I wanted to. I could take it to work and use it there or just keep it at home and use it only when needed. Or I could do both and I chose both.

I have used it for something almost every day since it arrived.

I asked the representative if he would like an all-out testing and review or just casual use review. He stated very matter of fact “Tell me what you think of it, how you feel about the meter.”

I decided that I would do a brief review with the Specs some video footage (don’t worry not close to the long drawn out video like the 362 and the power supply). I have started getting some modern video gear and editing software so this one just shows some uses and showcases some of the features.

The Fluke 365:

Features and benefits

200 A AC and DC current measurement with detachable jaw

600 VAC and DC voltage measurement

Detachable jaw makes accessing wires and viewing the display easier

Built in flashlight/torch allows for easy illumination and identification of wires

CAT III 600 V

Compact design fits in your hand and can be used while wearing protective equipment

State of the art signal processing allows for use in noisy electrical environments while providing stable readings

Large, easy to read, backlight display automatically sets the correct measurement range so you do not need to change switch positions while taking a measurement

Three-year warranty

Soft carrying case

It also comes with:

Coated instruction card

Safety information sheet

Soft carrying case

TL75 test leads

Magnetic hanging strap

Five AA Alkaline batteries

Accuracy:

Specifications

Diameter of measurable conductor 0.71 in or 18 mm max

Operating temperature -14 to 122ºF (-10 to 50ºC)

Storage temperature -40 to 140ºF (-40 to 60ºC)

Operating humidity < 90% at 10 to 30ºC, < 75% at 30 to 40ºC

Operating altitude 0 to 2000 m

Size 225 x 65 x 46 mm, (8.858 x 2.559 x 1.811 in.)

Weight 275 g, (10 oz.)

Temperature coefficient 0.01% ºC

(< 18ºC or > 28ºC)

Warranty Three years

The 365 kind of falls into a mid-level meter among the very large line of Fluke meters. The average price seems to be around $230.00. This is not a budget meter it is however a meter that may well last you until retirement.

I have known people to have Fluke meters for 20 or more years. They are just that well made. Fluke does not accept quality issues of any kind.

The meter is compact and light. Simple to use with auto ranging and the clamp of course. I almost forgot to mention…. The clamp is removable… You have about 3 feet of wire connecting the clamp to the body of the meter. I love this feature.

In very cramped spaces it makes life so much easier. If you have ever had to repair industrial machinery then you can appreciate this feature very much.

Removing it does not seem to affect the accuracy at all.

I have used several types and styles of clamp meters but this is the first one that it makes my job easier and much of the time more efficient.

I can without hesitation recommend this meter to anyone that is looking for a reliable, accurate, light weight detachable clamp for just a touch over $200.00…. Did I also mention it is a Fluke.

I hope you enjoy the video below. I tried to make it long enough to allow you to see the 365’s features but not so long that it became a motion picture.

It has been my pleasure to have been given the opportunity to review this meter.

http://en-us.flukhttp://en-us.fluke.com/products/clamp-meters/fluke-365-dc-clamp-meter.html#featurese.com/products/clamp-meters/fluke-365-dc-clamp-meter.html#features

The awards that I mention in the video and could not remember at the time are.

Award: Fluke 365

• MOTOR Magazine Top 20 Tools Award
  • TechShop Top 5 Tools Award (Automotive)
  • Control Engineering, Engineer's Choice Award (This is an extremely hard awards to win)

Enjoy,

Terry

www.youtube.com/embed/hn3y_WKVyms

I can't see the pics.

Nevermind, you fixed it.

That's odd... I can see them...

Any Ideas?

I ca see them using my cell phone as well.. I will check my privacy settings with Google... I may not have them set to public.

i cant see the pic too

You should be able to now... I had to change hosting sites... Sorry guys.

now the pics are working. thanks! :+1:

You're very welcome...