Review of Manker U21 - 18650/26650

thanks for the review! i wish Manker would make a shorter 4xLED/optics version.

Maybe they willif you get enough interest generated ,i know dealmeteic made acouple of zoomies based on blf members input

Hi sidecross, where did you purchase your manker u21? I would like to buy one too.

I live in the U.S. and I bought mine from Amazon.com @ $64.95.

I like this light very much and would say it is a beefed up version of ZebraLight SC600 Mklll XHP35-Hi.

I pair up the Manker U21 and Fenix FD40 for most of my needs.

What do you think of the quality of the Manker, compared to the Zebralight?

I have a Manker T01, which is a nice competitor to the Zebralight SC5 and SC52. However, I don’t think Manker is quite up to the level of quality that Zebralight has achieved. (Zebralight’s quality control wasn’t very good a few years ago, but has dramatically improved IMO.)

Manker is doing well, considering it’s a new company, but I think they need to improve consistency with their low modes. Button response sometimes seems missing, too, though a firm click always works (maybe it’s just because it’s a stiffer switch than I’m used to).

OTOH, I really like the throw from the Manker, given it’s small size. It fits a niche that the Zebralight doesn’t. I prefer the tail spring arrangement that Manker uses, as opposed to the pogo pins that Zebralight has switched to in the SC5. Springs work with all battery lengths, whereas the pins don’t work well with anything shorter than an Eneloop.

you can also try :

http://www.outdoor-gear-store.com/ alan is the reps name

+1

I would say quality of my light is equal or almost so with Zebralight. The built in charger can handle 2 amps from a power supply with the right protocol, It charged my 26650 battery to 4.19 volts.

As far as I could find out, there is no other small 26650 single battery with the XHP35-Hi and a robust size head to improve throw.

@ sidecross you ordered yours from Amazon, how long did it take to be delivered?

Ordered on July 2 and delivered July 11.

Was it from edcgear?

Yes

Cool, thanks!

I got mine in 5 days

Thank you sidecross and light junkie for the tip. Will definitely let my mom do the purchase via amazon or outdoor gear store, whichever is more convinient, since she is in california right now. :smiley:

+1

From here this is the company and vendor and they are authorized banker and acebeam I verified that through them and i details with Alan he was great sent it dhl no extra charge and he threw in a manker e01 nichia 219b light for freehttp://www.outdoor-gear-store.com/review/product/list/id/1063/

Thank you, had I known about this retailer I would have chosen it over Amazon.

Wow, that was cool! thank you for the tip light junkie! Will try to contact them soon. :slight_smile:

Very nice review Budda, you are a serious guy, not like me :smiley:
I like that design, this flashlight is very nice!

hahaha still better than mine :laughing: