Review of Manker U21 - 18650/26650

I admire both of you for writing so well in a second language.

Except for newer immigrants among us in the U.S. most Americans speak and write one language.

yea, but my U21 have other UI.

difference:
user manual and Budda U21 version: off or normal mode-double click-Strobe-one click-Breath flash-one click-S.O.S

my U21 flashlight: off or normal mode-double click-Strobe-one click-Breath flash-one click-S.O.S-one click-Beacon-one click-Battery indicator-one click-Turbo

How many versions of the driver and UI it has U21?

I asked today M4D M4X,but there is not a coupon for this light.I tried to make a offer to a eBay seller,but he declined all my 3 efforts. :frowning:

You have to pay RRP for this light, or any new Manker’s lights like the MK34.

so now manker light will only be sold at RRP price? I think there will be only few people interested to buy it at RRP because the RRP is unreasonable compared to its quality and QC.

Yes,I searched all Internet yesterday,and it is as you say.Only RRP.

I dont know if this is appropriate posting this on thia link ,but my U21 driver fried why i dont know tbey ries saying it was my batterries i order 6 different 26650s1st AWT 4500 MAH 75 AMP hi drain then they blames the batteries,so i orderd some keepower 4200 mah and twy said those werent enough so i orderd some keepower 5200mah 40 amp high drains Nd the light never turned back on zo any how i loved the performance of it but disapointed in the reliability

I am sorry to read about the trouble with your light; please keep us informed on how Manker fixes the problem and your thoughts about their service. :frowning:

Long press from off till the light blink and then check again :)

I have this light from few days, nice, very nice compact thrower ! I like it a lot :slight_smile:
I like the dragon eye also, a nice particular future.

I use 26650 Soshine and Avatar (the last is better for high drain current).

Question: at what voltage low battery indicator blink ? I notice that it blinks few seconds and than it stop (only on max mode). In battery is 3,7V on stand by.

It was nice if UI was identical with U11 (to choose the 3 brightness for all levels).

But anyway, the levels are good, is a fantastic light, so compact, so robust, all my other flashlights are warmer in highest mode after 2-3 minutes, Manker U21 is only little warm.

I think it is difficult to double click the switch.Either the place of the switch,or the difficulty to press it.

I have measured intensity of the Manker with a Liito Kala 26650,at 121000cd.Distaance was 4.8m.

Mine is double click,strobe,click again SOS,click again,strobe etc.No more.

There is a new Ui in the U21 now I just got the specs from Manker Moonlight: 1-5lm, Low: 58lm, middle: 200lm, high: 500lm, Turbo:1560lm Manker U21 New Ui it has engineering mode to adjust the moonlight and turbo is moved to the double click so that side is turbo, strobe, SOS, beakon and battery indicator last. SOS and beakon use the high beam and and strobe is on turbo.
1.When the flashlight is off , one click ,access to moonlight mode (left part of the figure), one click to circle: moonlight-Low-Medium -High. Long press for off.
2.When the flashlight is off, long press to access to the mode your last use as in left part of the figure (Memory function), one click for circle. Long press for off.
3.When the flashlight is off, double click access to Turbo, one click for circle. Long press for off.
4.When the flashlight is on, double click to switch between the two groups(left and right part of the figure)

Side switch battery indicator:

1. Blue: More than 70%
  2. Purple: 50%
  3. Red: Less than 20%

Lock out:
One click-Double-Triple from any mode to lock out the flashlight.(Only the battery indicator works when lock out)

Engineering Mode(Choose output level for Moonlight mode):
Long press for off and still hold on, the side button battery indicator will turn on and then quick click for 4 times to get access to engineering mode. One click to check different level and long press to make your final choice

Too bad they chose the wrong UI - long press for OFF is the wrong method. Should be press&hold to rotate thru the modes, single click for OFF.

Too many manufacturers are choosing this wrong way. It's coming down to these two choices now, and many choose the wrong method.

Basic UI Rules that should be industry standard (least what I feel):

• from OFF, single click to last mode/last level
  • from ON, single click for OFF
  • when ON, press&hold to rotate thru modes/levels
  • from OFF, press&hold to lowest (moon)
  • from OFF or ON, double click to turbo

So from OFF, you get to lowest, highest, and last used.

The Ui is somewhat like that 1 click is last mode and double click from off or on goes to turbo

Well you said from OFF one click goes to moon.

It's close and pretty complete, but again, I really would like to see what I listed above implemented by all - it also seems to be what's preferred here on BLF.

I’m sorry it does have momory function so if you set it at low med or hi it will turn on there.what I did was copied their website but if you read number 2 it says memory function.

Funny. I hate literally every UI like that. Long press off doesn’t bother me but slow mode changes do.
However I love every BLF ramping UI that I used which is basically this….but it can go both up and down. And because ramping starts immediately (and doesn’t have pauses) there’s no feeling of UI being sluggish.