[Review] OLIGHT Baton 4 Premium Edition EDC flashlight and wireless charger/power bank.

My review of the very impressive OLIGHT Baton 4 Premium Edition EDC flashlight and wireless charger/power bank.
“To beat this, the next Baton will have to make me a cuppa in the morning with a quick nosh…” - Charlie B.

As someone that just received this last night. I would like to add a few things. (I am not The_Flashaholic )

Notes from one night of using/playing with it.

1. You really don’t know how small this light is until it is in your hand.
  2. The Charger is well made.
  3. The Anodization on the one I have is really good. The color for both the light and charging station is really well done and not an obnoxious blue but a nice dark and subtle blue.
  4. The UI is good and may take a bit of learning if you have not used Olight’s version.
  5. The tint is a bit greenish at lower power levels, and very noticeable. This is an ongoing issue for Olight historically, and one that they are starting to learn about as some lights are being offered with other emitters. At High and Turbo it seems to be less noticeable.
  6. I had to put a Bluetooth locator as my Kiddo and Gal pal have both tried to liberate it from me due to “the size being small enough to even fit in girl jeans pockets.” So I may be buying a few more.
  7. Build quality of the light is very good.
  8. Olight, included 2 ways to charge the light. The magnetic tail clip and the wireless charger.
  9. Seems to be in between spot and flood, leaning a bit to the flood IMO.
  10. The light beam will get hotter faster than the light itself, with the light itself heating up after running on turbo for 45ish or so seconds.
    Overall I have always been a harsh critic of Olight, for a few personal reasons. I do have to say that between the Arkfield and now the baton 4 with charger and power bank, I may need to go back and look at a few more of the lights.

I will still stand with the if you release it at x price, keep that price rather than all of the 10-15% off early adopters, or the 40% off Black friday/christmass sales.