I received this Z 821
Size compared to some small zoomies
- One of the smallest (if not smallest?) 18650 zoomies out there
- Very light and high quality flashlight body dedicated to 18650 battery size
- Great anodizing process and great anodized tailcap threads
- high quality reverse clicky switch (unfamiliar to me and it looks like FW clicky switch) on 17 mm PCB
- Fine zooming system (push-pull with very little head moving)
- Beautiful old school looking zoomie
- MCPCB retaining ring on brass pill
- O ring or square ring under glass lens seems broken
- Very thin O ring which is located in a flashlight head once when flashlight disassembled is PITA to put it back on its original place
- LENS are average quality glass lens with crack here and crack there… Nothing spectacular or AR coated… Or ultra clear… I would dare to say that most low budget manufacturers have better quality lens than OTR.
OMG! It has press fit pill! Do you now what that means for modders?
May the force be with you! Use the Force to beat that out!
Dear OTR if you are watching this what should you improve? What? You don’t know? Well look this:
- change lens to better glass one or even better and cheaper for you swap them for acrylic one…
- Square O ring underneath aspherical lens is ok but put better quality one which does not brake (or you just put that broken one on purpose?)
- Oring inside flashlight head should not be there?! It should be on the flashlight neck section so it would be easier to handle. It is impossible to return it back on its place
- REDISGN PILL! You ruined very good concept pill! Instead of press fit system use retaining ring for driver! Or use driver solder to pill system…
- Lower the price! It is to much considering it does not has DTP Board and some inner parts as mentioned above are just terrible quality It should not cost more than 15$ in this condition.
Final thoughts: For someone that does not wants to mod anything this seems like a good light.
Throw goes up to 16 kcd
Driver with High(2.6A), Ultra low(0.10A), Lower(0.4A), and Low mode(0.75A) with hidden strobes and SOS… It has last mode memory even if you remove battery it will start on last mode selected…