Review: Opus BT-C3100 ("dreamcharger!")

+1 excellent review and Marry me? NO, NOT YOU RBD, I meant Chloe!

I would like to have one of these chargers. Seems to be an excellent choice for my different battery chemistries.

P.S. Interesting drum & bass :stuck_out_tongue:

You have to divorce me first OL and I aint going to let that happen.

I dont think its DnB :smiley:
At least, doesnt sound like one to me!

something between progressive, vocal trance and Dn :bigsmile: B

I thought I edited out that part of the track. >.<

So what was it :D?

You can listen to the whole track here:

:bigsmile:

Old-Lumens: The inquiry you sent reached my mail box. However I can’t reply to you directly, somehow Alibaba blocked your email address.

Thanks for your inquiry, and we are checking the possiblity for arranging this. Will get back to you soon.

Great review. Really enjoyed the music in the first video which makes me think of some forest scene with critters scampering about. The ending did not disappoint when one came into the shot.

HALF, take half his torches and associated equipment in the divorce :wink:

Looking forward to it :D!

Now I’m torn between getting the Xtar VP1 or waiting for this.

I am in the same spot. No desire to go the hobbycharger route just yet but do need a decent charger without breaking a pretty small bank. This looks like it would fit the bill.

Thanks Chloe for the review, and showing what the future may bring.

Hmmmm, strange that. Just for clarification ,for the forum members, I was asking if there was a possibility of a BLF group buy on this charger. So, Henry, if you can do that, it might be a great thing. Chloe, what do you think? Do you think it would be a good one for a group buy, since you have now gotten to play around with it?

Henry, you can PM me if you want, to work out the details. I will PM you with my email address.

Group buy before HKJ publish his tests… hmmmm… could be risky move :exmark:
P.S. I will just ask publicly (have nothing to hide) can I get one for free? If it turns out to be satisfactory I will buy 4-5 more :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it is a nice charger. If I wasn’t in the position of already having a sample I’d certainly be interested. It already has many of the features I was hoping for from intelligent chargers (okay, no logging and programming is limited, but it is still very useful and such features would cost more).

I would like to know the bad behaviour HKJ observed. I don’t have the test equipment to analyse the charging algorithm, noise levels etc. so might be worth waiting for his findings, but I see no harm making enquiries at this stage, particularly when there are no stores selling it (to end user).

I am almost finished with measuring, but it will take some time to do the writing, i.e. It will not be the next charger review I publish.

Chloe is the green lamp on the power supply flashing when charging 4 empty LiIon cells at 1A? If it does, try figuring out why.

Damn man! We are waiting on you HKJ! Just today I got really bored of my $5 ebay nimh charger. Takes way too long to charge depleted cells (10-12hrs). And im not even rotating cells at the moment. 2 cells are being used and recharged on a 24 hour basis!

I just read the whole review Chloe. Seems an awesome charger with temperature sensors/fan etc. The charge/dischage/refresh etc on both lions and nimh is also great.

I am perplex as to what HKJ might have found out :slight_smile: