Review: Opus BT-C3100 ("dreamcharger!")

Thank you Chloe for the great review and HKJ for your additional chart. I will ask Opus about the listing month of the endproduct. All reviewers (there is also another on youtube in German) get the sample the same user.

Your picture is not showing, you have to upload it to some picture sharing site like flickr or other and then post link of that picture, BLF doesnt let users upload their pictures :slight_smile:

Was this the review?

Yes, this is the review. The reviewer is a vaper and told at the beginning, that he will only test interesting batteries for vapers (he prefers 18650, 26650, 18350, sometimes 14500). He will not go into details about 16340 or 10440, beacuse he doesn't use this (I think, they have to less power and the IMR to less capacity).

The curious thing is, that Kreisl (Kreisler) is the person, who offers all the reviewers the samples. Chloe, the german youtuber, the UK youtuber (his link is in post #33).

@HKJ: Do you you get the review sample also from him or was he involved?

Most people use the same nickname but I couldn't find him in any of the bigger german flashlights forums. The mystical Kreisl / Kreisler - maybe he lives next door to me and I don't know it ;)

If you lived next door to him Buwuve, you’d know, because he’d say hello to you one day, and take it back the next.

Bullseye!

Yes, he was somehow involved in the development, probably with good ideas and a bit of testing. Some of the ideas was probably collected from the "Dream charger" thread he made.

Add me to the list of those that received a prototype to review/test.
I’m awaiting an adaptor before I can test it though.

BTW, are you fluent in Kölsch ?
If not (and you understand the reference), there’s a good chance your neighbour isn’t a squirrel :wink:

Shots fired!

LOL :D!

Perhaps he already did that, thats why Buwuve doesnt remember it :D!

Hello, Chloe. Thanks for your detailed review on this charger.

Concerning the power consumption, this is what I measured: when charging 4pcs 18650 empty cells 1000mA, the power adapter consumes around 28~29 w, and it is within its power adapter's rating, its peak current is about 9~10A with around 16ms loading time, and its power voltage is 6.5v 10A loading condition. I found there is 1.5v voltage drop on the power cord and DC jacket.

Checked with power supplier, this kind of loading seems normal for such application.

Since Li-ion charging unit is 5v output, and loading power on cell is 20w.

The power consumption is ok, but the spikes of 9A is not normal or ok.

HKJ, for us, uneducated, what exactly is bad about it etc?

Thank you, Henry. Really, if it doesn’t cause excessive noise or spikes in the charging algorithm, and the PSU isn’t strained from such use (shortening its life) then I don’t see any real problem.

More wear on the power supply and how it affects the charger.

It does affect charging, more about that in two days.

It probably is, the questions is how much.

I do not say the charger is useless (It is not), but is has a few problems, the current spikes being one of them.

This dream charger should of been beefed up anyway, like I said in the original thread. 4 channels with 2A capability should be minimum, a 12v 3A supply should not be sufficient. The fan would make more sense then at least.

Chloe, how long does it take 4 fully discharged 18650s to terminate? Thanks for the review BTW :slight_smile:

Do you mean detection of depleted cells? Discharge time depends on capacity of cell and current chosen. I will update my charts with some times as a guide.

No sorry, charge termination, shows full on display. I guess your using well known cells such as the panasonic 3100/3400s ? I haven’t watched vids yet as I’m on mobile so apologies if you’ve covered it or I’ve even missed it written earlier. I was also assuming max setting which was 1A per channel for 4 cells wasn’t it?

…it COULD be Kreis-Dino-boiLer[sic] :D!

My review is up: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/24895