[Review] Petzl Actik 450 unboxing

A couple of words:
(sorry, English is not my native language)

• LEDs are unknown.
  • looks and feels like quality, not like consumer goods.
  • the light is white without green, the optics are excellent.
  • the battery cover opens very tightly (protection from rain), to open it you need to turn the flashlight in the head mount backwards.
  • the version of recent years has a charge indicator in the upper left corner, while new batteries glow yellow/green.
  • control: on/off with one click, switch brightness with one click within 3 seconds after turning on, turn off with one click no earlier than 3 seconds after turning on, switch to red, hold when turned on, switch to flashing red and back one click no later than 3 seconds after switching to red mode/turning on (remembers when turned off in red or white).
  • there is a button lock, hold for 4 seconds, unlock in the same way or with 4 clicks.
  • in 7 lumen mode only the right headlight shines, in 100 and 450 lumens both shine.
  • there is a light-accumulating ring around the central headlight under the glass, convenient for finding it in the dark if you recently turned it off.
  • light and very comfortable on the head.
  • the box is made like a disposable one, sealed on top and sides, if you open it, it already loses its appearance, as can be seen in the photo, since it was opened at the post office.
  • the set includes three Duracell AAA batteries and a fabric case, it looks like it can be used as a diffuser, I haven’t tried it yet.

1 Thank

Thanks for joining the gang, RPD_macro!
Raccoon Police Department?
I thought that was my area of expertise… :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes )

1 Thank

Welcome to BLF.
I know this is not a review but an unboxing, but you might add a (ballpark) pricetag.
As for the Alkaleaks: when drained after use, please buy something else before they ruin such a nice light.

2 Thanks

Instead of Alkaleaks, I suggest either Eneloops or Ladda LSD cells (750mAh or 1900mAh.)
It’s hard to beat those two brands of LSD cells for AA or AAA batteries.

1 Thank

this light was purchased ≈40$
i will buy Eneloop or Eneloop Pro for it

1 Thank

I cant prove it but I am pretty sure I bought one of those at Lowes for $3. Looked exactly the same. Complete garbage. Like I said I cannot prove it.

Runtimes on ikea ladda AAA 900mAh 2020 year (unpacked now only)
Red - 24h
7lm - 75h
100lm - 8h
450lm - 1,5h (2h lower)

1 Thank

I like the looks of that Casio in the first two pics.
It’s kinda tough for me to find Casio watches that are attractive, though that’s my brand of choice for watches. :+1:

1 Thank

Size comparison
Click for zoom

1 Thank