Review request for HKJ [Rechargeable Batteries]

Hope this helps HKJ!

Olight: http://www.engtaobao.com/item/taobao/564761176933.html
Klarus: http://www.engtaobao.com/item/taobao/550827640876.html

Sure :+1:

I have 2 brand new Klarus 16340UR70’s that came with the Klarus Mi1c lights. I just tested one of them with a 3 amp load after fully charged.
I got 290mah at about 5:45 minutes before hitting the 3 volt cut-off. About the same thing as the Klarus Lir16340 700mah and the Efest IMR16340mah 700mah (red).

BPI AA LSD 2700

Does anyone have information about these BPI 2700 ?. It would be great to have a review about them.
The BPI of 2400 mAh is a good option,

Although in the ad the seller says that these 2700 mAh are LSD I think they are not.
On the manufacturer’s website it seems to be understood that they are not Low Self Discharge

HKJ: Which 14500 do you like better right now for higher current?

Windyfire 14500 600mAh model

(your review here: Test/Review of Windyfire IMR14500 600mAh (Red))

or

Efest 14500 650mAh

( your review here: Test of Efest IMR14500 650mAh (Purple) 2017 )

I’m not HKJ but I can give you my opinion. I’ve not known HKJ to give his preference on which battery he prefers to much. Its a matter of usage and Personnel preference sometimes. But who knows, maybe he will chime in.
Either battery is good for high currents. The Efest has a slightly better curve in the 5 amp range and last longer with a higher voltage towards the end of the discharge. The windyfire has a higher initial voltage curve but drops voltage quicker after 1/3 of the discharge and has less capacity.
So in a light in direct drive the windyfire would be brighter for first 1/3 of the run, then the Efest would be brighter past that and last longer. If its regulated at say 3 amps light, the efest is gonna be the same initial brightness but stay in regulation longer and last longer.
Now the choice is yours as to which you prefer.

I'd stick my neck out and say these and the Trustfire IMR14500 (and the newer 2018 Shockli IMR14500 660mAh) are from the same OEM; just different cell revisions, batches and quality control. If wrap deprived they would look identical, the OEM has just somewhat improved its capacity more or less recently. Even the WindyFire has a different capacity rating nowadays.

Get the cheapest and/or easiest for you to get and be done with it I'd say.

Cheers :-)

I’d like to see some tests of:

• LG INR21700H30
  • Vapcell 21700 5000 mAh (LG inside?)

Vapcell INR21700 3.7V 5000mAh Rechargeable Li-ion Battery (2-Pack) @ FastTech

This cell seems to be a rewrap of the LG INR21700H30.

Cheers :-D

P.S.: pretty steep pricing in their cell lineup there. :|

This depends on where I can get them. As usual I like getting links to places where I can get them (I am in EU).

Vapcell may ship the cell to me for review, but I have scared a couple of companies off lately due to my testing time. I hope this is over for now (2018 autumn will probably bring it back).

Don't know if this is available from anyplace other than Amazon US.

Interesting 18650 3500 mAh protected flat top cell. Claims it's built on a Panasonic Li-ion cell NCR18650GA.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WVBDM5J/?coliid=I1M8VUB33EDFDU&colid=192BRNMSPYV29&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I would be also interested in test of BMZ 21700 52E. According to BMZ it offers 8A, 5000 mAh minimum, 5200 mAh average.

I found no seller, but maybe there’s a chance of getting one from BMZ directly?

Something is wrong…
they claim it’s 65.4 mm long.
In HKJ’s test, the bare cell is 65.1.
So either it’s unprotected or length specs are incorrect.
You may ask them about it.

Hmmm... Either I got that wrong, or something changed on the description. Most likely I got it wrong.

Apologies.

If I am to believe such cycle life performance estimation graph, that's gonna suck. The capacity claim is also pretty bold, good luck if it comes close to 5Ah under standard conditions I'd say.

Cheers and may all beings be happy :-)

It would be cool to see the results of this 10150 cell
Expensive and unlikely to meet its specs, but quite easy to get in small quantities, which is rare for this size.

Yes, but your comment “Expensive” is correct and I will not pay that much for a small cell.
Maybe I need to add an account on Patreon so people can donate money when I refuses to pay.

I’m not sure if that’s the perfect way of setting up a fund, but in general I like the idea.

Interested in this 21700 cell from GB since it only seller with proper shipment cost to me. Would you please test it ?
https://www.gearbest.com/batteries/pp_824697.html?wid=21