Review request for HKJ [Rechargeable Batteries]

How about Vapcell Black 18650 rated as 38A / 2000 mAh? (And according to Mooch - overrated)?

You mean this one: Test of Vapcell INR18650 2000mAh (Black)

I missed that, thanks!

China:-)

I would also like to know if the Fenix version is any better than the Olight, Lumintop or Klarus versions. Utorch S1 Mini ships with a Lumintop USB 16340.

My guess is they are all the same, but would like confirmation.

fwiw, the Fenix and Klarus are marked 700 mAh (though the metal cases look different), while the Olight and Lumintop versions are marked 650 mAh (and there are two different colored wrappers for the Olight offerings)

One “advantage” of the Olight version is it includes the USB charge cable.

So my question is, Should I buy Olight, or Fenix USB 16340?:slight_smile: (I did not find the Klarus for as good a price as Fenix and Olight)

Suggestion, create a signature file something like “encouragement and support are welcome via paypal to info@lygte-info.dk”

From my testing of the Klarus and Fenix they are pretty close to the same, if not the same. The olight I dont have.
The best 16340 I have tested at a 3 amp draw was a Trustfire 650 mah (Red and Gold). HKJ tested it here Test/review of TrustFire IMR16340 650mAh (Red-gold)
Doesn’t have a usb charging port though.

Hello!

This is just to report insane loading lag noticed at HKJ's homepage, namely when opening review articles and cell comparators. Started to notice this after some of the recent changes to certain sections of the website, namely with the prior to this last one in which graphics have been added as banners for the different cell comparators.

Cheers ^:)

The graphics is just images, there is no fancy codes behind them. I have also seen some lag and I wonder if its due to https.

I’ve had this happen sporadically. Last time was like a month ago or so. I see the two graphs, but it takes like 30 seconds or so for the current lines to show up.

These Xiaomi AAA NiMh cells claim a whopping 1800 mAh :open_mouth: , a bit weird, they usually do not exxaggerate what they sell. Time for a test?

@djozz, that is an error. Only the AA version of it has 1800mAh:

Must be a typo.

Pity, I hoped for some kind of silent battery revolution. Thanks for spotting the mistake!

And I have looked at the AA cells: Test of Xiaomi ZI5 1800mAh (White or Black)

And the charger: Review of Charger Xiaomi ZI5 PB400

Probably have to report to Banggood about the wrong capacity mentioned on the product subject line and description, it’s going to mislead a lot of buyers.
But the image description inside clearly indicates 700mAh, and also user comment review photo indicates 700+ mAh.

Are these real and verified Shockli products, or they are knockoffs in a way?

https://www.gearbest.com/batteries-airplane/pp_009196499872.html

https://www.gearbest.com/batteries-airplane/pp_009195613291.html

I am curious, how much they stand up to their specification.

Edit: the 26650 one seems to be quite real, as i could see here.

Still the 3600mAh 18650 with 25A continuous discharge might worth taking a deeper look.

The Shockli IMR26650 5500mAh was HKJ tested. It is a PLB INR26650-55A cell under the wrap, at least for as long as they remain faithful to their word on… Aaah! Rewrappers who do not disclose which cell is under the wrap and neither commit to keep the good thing inside. We can only hope they keep using the PLB INR26650-55A cell in the future.

The 3600mAh 25A?

The best 25A continuous rated 18650s in the market are very recent Sony cells, namely the VTC5D. Way different capacity rating, ¿eh?

If we were to presume it could be a 3600mAh cell, it's myth is busted even faster. The Samsung INR18650-35E is the high capacity king in its class, and can only deliver 3.3 to 3.4Ah (depending on depth of discharge) at 0.2C, while its continuous current rating is 10A…

Cheers my dears :-)

Shockli is not a really big brand and I would be surprised if anybody would make fake Shockli products.
I frequently get batteries from them and test them, I.e. all my Shockli test are done on batteries supplies from Shockli,

Generally I believe that manufactures send me the genie product, in most cases that is correct, but if somebody get a product that do not match my testing, please post it in my review thread (including where you got it). For me it is rather important to know if a manufacture gives me top of the line review cells ir give me a regular cell.

Samsung INR21700-50E ?

Reportedly, can be found with Acebeam “5100 mAh” wraps: My ACEBEAM EC65 XHP35 HI is dead (Now fixed!)
I found no source for it other than Acebeam.

Thank you for the additional info on the 26650 cell :-)

About the 18650 one, well, yeah, I do not believe that specification as well. Still I will take a look at it, as Shockli wrapped batteries had set up themselves a good standard of quality. The initial impedance of 38 mOhms let me guess a max. current of 8-10A, as well.

Any chance to get a flashlight driver reviewed?

3000mA 3-Mode LED Flashlight Driver Circuit Board @FastTech (SKU 4594600)

Onboard PIC12F683 and AON7520 MOSFET.

I've already used some and I like them a lot, even despite the possibility of it using PWM in all modes (looks like it senses Vdrop at R010 resistor). Would like to know the PWM frequency.

Starts to blink quite slowly (like breathing light) at unknown voltage cut-off.

If there's chance, I'd be willing to donate money to order a piece (€4?).

Thanks. :-)

Cheers ^:)