Review request for HKJ [Rechargeable Batteries]

[quote=Barkuti]

I agree. They have no interest in retail sales. I think we all know they do not make the batteries for single cell use or for Flashaholics!

Its as simple as this. Unless we can make these high drain VTC5A/VTC5D ECT. We will have to pay for them. Of course we want them at the cheapest possible price.

I know I want them because lap top pull batteries or a standard Panny cell are not good enough for my modified lights to obtain and maintain max output.

P.S. You should be sleeping,pretty sure you are in the same time zone as Roma and NE Italy where my family lives! :smiley:

EDIT: With Due respect to HKJ I do not think we should continue discussing this,we have gotten off topic and I apologize for that.

Agree with the off-topic thing, wolfdog1226.

By the way, the Vapcell you're looking for is being stocked at nkon. €9.25 a pop plus shipping… :facepalm:

Cheers ^:)

I have Four[4] of them. $9.99 each and NO shipping,just a 1.5 mile stroll to Liionwholesale! :+1:

At least we are on topic now talking about a battery on the review list. :sunglasses:

Guess you're not living where your location reads…

Yes I am!! I list one in Italy and the other,Valley Forge, PA. [USA] which is where I primarily reside.

Valley Forge,PA. and Phoenixville,PA.[Liionwholesale] border each other. :wink:

Hi HKJ,

Do you see any chance to test the Nitecore NL1829RLTP battery? It is advertised for deep cold temperatures and I‘m curious what cell is beneath the shrink label.

https://charger.nitecore.com/product/nl1829rltp

Very likely Panasonic NCR18650F

IF it is the NCR18650F,Panasonic claims –20C/-4F while Nitecore claims –40C/-40F. That is a huge difference most likely exaggerated by the manufacturer which is typical!

This cell is not needed. High-drain cells like the Samsung 30Q work great in the cold. They are very cheap.

I think you mean “exaggerated by the rewrapper” (Nitecore), doesn't it?

Samsung 30W? The “T” series is as far as they've gone yet, “W” would be 2 to 3 discharge bins higher.

CORRECT! I mean Nitecore the flashlight manufacturer!

My Orbtronic IMR 26650 5750mAh batteries arrived today,after just about 6 hours of discharging they are almost done. I talked to HKJ about these but it would cost an arm and a leg to send them to him.Their capacity is true,30A pulse and 22A continuous are the other specs that I have no way of verifying.

The first one I bought was 5885mAh.

Pretty sure those are rewraps of the now popular OEM PLB 5500mAh NiCoMn.

Reviewed by HKJ here: Shockli IMR26650 5500mAh (black, 2017)

Cheers :-)

P.S.: measure your cells' width with a caliper, they should clock ≈∅26.7mm. :-)

I mentioned after my first purchase 5 months ago that they were Shockli’s to SAL from Orbtronics and he denied it! He is secretive which cells are in his batteries.

I do not have any calipers,I am an amateur!

One thing I do NOT like about my Opus. It is not 26650 friendly in terms of a good connection. No problem with Vappower but my Orbtronic and Ijoy batteries do not connect unless I lift them up a bit. My Friend just put solder blobs on all 3 Orbtronics[ did not help with connection] and my Ijoy. Ijoy now works better.

Can someone please post discharge charts for the following two batteries. 1) NiMH 3-cell, 3.6 volts 930 mAh with a load of 500 mA 2) Lithium-ion size 14500, 3.7 volts, 800 mAh with a load of 500 mA. I would like to compare and see how the voltage changes during discharge. Thanks so much

The W-key ist next to the Q-key on my keyboard. :wink:

It would be interesting to see a test of Samsung INR18650-36G. Can’t suggest good source though…

BlueSwordM mentioned about some FST 20650 cells here, found this in AliExpress:

Made in chine!

Links:

Cheers :-)

I have ordered them.