Review: Sipik SK68 AKA Cree Q5 Adjustable Torch

Has anyone tried these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CREE-LED-7-Watt-Adjust-Focus-Flashlight-Torch-18650-V5-/110719906512?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item19c76bb2d0

Looks a lot like Sipik, but works with 18650, is bigger (obviously) and has different looking tailcap.

I have one of those. It’s not any brighter than my SK68 but the run time is better. The pill is hollow and the emitter plate only rides on the edges so there isn’t much potential for upgrading unless you fill in the pill. It’s not driven hard but I’d consider modding the pill, installing an XP-G r5 and driving it fairly hard just for poops and chuckles.

I also got that one. The bezel is rubbish (Foywork need), wide position is more narrow than at most zoomies (to narrow for me), but it has some weight, so a bit better heatsinking is possible. With some pill machining it might be modable to XM-L or XP-G with 1.4A or even 1.75A driver. Maybe modable without pill machining, but you would keep narrower flood position. Aspheric lens dimensions 23x8mm. Pulls a bit more than 1A at tail.

So seems like no go to me. Thanks both of you.

Hey, i just orderd one of these, im wondering what size glow o-rings i need for the lens.. Thanks in advance!

On my "real" Sipik you can't (or rather, I have not been able to) pop out the lens in order to put a a GITD O ring between the lens and the bezel, I think it is glued in place. I you can get the lens off it will be about a 23 MM O ring.

In a week or so i can answer that. 2 on the way. Will do a review.

Ok thanks, do you know if the DX glow switch covers are compatible with this light? i mainly want the switch cover and one gitd o ring in that groove under th crown.

also yesterday i found a pic on here (im pretty sure) of someone with gitd rings between the fins on the sk68, i cant find the thread for the life of me today, if anyone knows plz post link.. thanks!

This Pic?

As far as the tail cap it is pushed in like the forum page above shows and the boot is about 13 MM, you should be able to squeze in a 14 or 15 MM (at the small diameter that sticks out) in.

thats the one, thanks.. i may hold off on the boot if it will hamper tailstands. still the o-ring for sure, i knew that thread had the size but i forgot to bookmark.

Mine showed up yesterday, it's decent for the price on duracell AA i suppose, still waiting on 14500 to see what it will really do. after a full day with it i think im going to move on to a better built edc, this seems a little shifty as far as crooked threads and the focus assembly is a little shaky. it should still make a good around the house light.

hopefully mine arrives after this holiday here...

the items was shipped last OCt 17 from manafont.

What did you get, Q4 or Q5? I ordered the Q5 because I plan on putting a 14500 in it.

Q4...plan to use AA on it... but can the Q4 model can use 14500? limitations?

Many said it worked.But some reported using 14500 got their emitter/driver fried or it can no longer work back on AA.

This is such a freaking nice pimped light! You sanded it off with some fine sanding paper?

First used fine file (coarse sanding paper probably works okay too), then finished with sanding paper (last one was 600 I think).

EDIT: on my latest revision I just gave it brushed look.

very nice work M3TAL_L0RD

Possible to stuff another driver in this thing? Just got mine today from Manafont, took almost a month to get here.